Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • any builders in the North west?
  • duncancallum

I want some jobs doing and I thought I would ask on here as if a STWer can benefit I would be happier

project
    Free Member

Your location, also type of job required and budget would be of help, us builders are clever, resoursefull but we dont have the power of telepathy, or google location mapping yet, but im sure there will be a course available we can go on soon.

Cougar

us builders are clever, resoursefull but we dont have the power of telepathy

It would appear that our industries are not dissimilar in this regard.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    duncancallum

bolton/chorley way, biggest of the jobs is a full re roof, and the external walls repointing

theres a couple of other smallish jobs too

project
    Free Member

So putting your requests together you require a roofing company and a builder in Bolton/ Chorley area then.

duncancallum

Some people I believe do both or even may sub a section of the job out.

I know, madness hey?

bearnecessities

Hi Duncan

Leeds Pointing did a very good job at mine; the lads were untidy mind you, used my Roberts on site without asking and ate more biscuits than were in stock at Asda, but they knew their stuff and the finished job was excellent – and they were nice enough lads, so you know, weigh it up etc 🙂 The price was also very competitive (£2,200 for a unusually large 2 bed semi + small extention. 3 lads were here for 6 days roughly, so kinda felt bad for what they must paid). A short trip across the ’62 may not be out of the question and I don’t normally recommend tradesmen as it’s a bit risky, but hopefully I’ve given a fair appraisal.

As far as roofers are concerned, I’d bloody love a good recommendation myself in Leeds for someone that turns up. My chimney (flashing?) is stopping the house from getting finished 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘any builders in the North west?’ is closed to new replies.