Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Any BT/ Openreach employees here? Major broadband problems…. Longshot I know
  • beaker

I've been waiting to get Broadband connected at home for six months now and it's doing my head in….. I've been given firm connection dates that come and go with no explaination from BT, differing excuses etc…. The house next to me has it but form some reason BT are unable or unwilling to connect me. All I want is the truth* and a way ahead. Is anyone here able to help?

Cheers All.

*I can handle the truth.

iolo
    Free Member

Go to someone else for broadband.

BoardinBob

Good luck.

I had problems that could only be solved by BT wholesale and it was a total riot trying to get it done. Basically BT's records said I was connected to an exchange 13 miles away rather than the one I was connected to which was about 1 mile away. This meant I couldn't join another internet provider (I was with BT at the time).

Some googling uncovered the nature of the problem and the solution but dozens of calls to various BT call centres where I gave them the exact solution to my problem, yielded no results at all despite promises that they had done it.

in the end I found a provider that was able to switch my service without relying on the exchange issue and eventually it sorted itself out behind the scenes about 6 months later but trying to get BT wholesale to do anything was nigh on impossible.

DickBarton

Join Twitter and contact them – quickest way I've found – posted a grumble and had a response in 2 minutes…got sorted out over the next few days and all is good.

Is it a new build? If so, someone else could have pinched your connection date – happened to us – we were first in the estate and were told 2 weeks before we were connected…3 months later we finally got hooked up – but the connection date we were given each time kept getting given to someone else in the street – we were the only people out of them to be using BT for our broadband, everyone else was using other providers – but they got a phone line hooked up far quicker than us…not sure why but we did get a fair amount of compensation back!

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Send me your details and I will see what I can find out,email in profile

BT/Openreach engineer for nearly 35 years and might be able to get the facts (not even that easy for me sometimes)

beaker

Tijuana expect an e mail… Thanks for your reply.

wwaswas

"Join Twitter and contact them – quickest way I've found – posted a grumble and had a response in 2 minutes"

Exactly the approach one of my colleagues just took. Twittered about some problem he had and they contacted him within minutes.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

best advice is to go elsewhere for broadband.

if you need to contact them, email the ceo

ian.livingston@bt.com

theres a pr team that picks up answers the mail and deals with problems quicker.

although couldnt find an answer to "why does bt payment services limited charge me £7.50 for paying the bill by bank transfer when they are charged 15p by barclays bank for this service? Why does bt payment services have no employees, charge no vat and keep stealing money from me?

coffeeking
    Free Member

"Join Twitter and contact them – quickest way I've found – posted a grumble and had a response in 2 minutes"

Exactly the approach one of my colleagues just took. Twittered about some problem he had and they contacted him within minutes.

Thats the approach I took with Tiscali, amazingly sorted and compensated?! within a day.

beaker

Cheers for your replies. Tijuana e mail sent…

MrsBeaker
    Free Member

Hello there!

Mrs Beaker has complained AGAIN on BT website – very frustrating!!! GRRRRRRR!

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Have investigated this problem and its a BT Wholesale problem, specifically an engineering planning solution that is required
    So anyone from that group who can help i'm sure the OP would be grateful

Unfortunately Openreach and BT Retail are just another customer same as any other company and are constricted by the same trading rules

BobaFatt
    Free Member

get in contact with them again and shout OFCOM at them, they'll suddenly start sorting it all out for you

failing that make sure they've not put a tag on the line (required for all BB connections) then go somewhere else, you'll get cheaper Bb elsewhere than BT can do…….don't get me wrong, they all have their problems in one way or another but 6 months without a reasonable reason is a bit rich

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Not a case of getting it cheaper or quicker, as I mentioned any company would have to deal with BT Wholesale and the same planning solution would still need to be found

A lot of people don't really understand the system and all the regulatory restrictions that are in place

beaker

I can't thank Tijuana enough for all his help with this. THANK YOU!! I've at least got some clarity now. Tijuana thanks for all your help.

enfht
    Free Member

Tijuana Taxi I'm having my own set of problems concerning two fibre Openreach installs thats turning into a nightmare….do you mind if I email you??

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Go on then,no promises, but will see what I can find out

That's the last one for now though, got a little project to deal with and will be rather busy from next week onwards

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Any BT/ Openreach employees here? Major broadband problems…. Longshot I know’ is closed to new replies.