Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any Bodmin locals in? Route advice sought.
  • wordnumb
    Free Member

Evening. I’m planning to catch a train to Bodmin Parkway, ride a couple of loops of Cardinham woods, then head down the Camel trail to Padstow. What’s the best way to ride from the woods into Bodmin, where the camel trail begins? I’ve driven it plenty of times and the road seems bike unfriendly. Ta.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Anybodminy?

Is there a cycle route between Cardinham Woods and Bodmin so I don’t have to ride on that grim bit of A road?

orena45

There are a couple of bridleways which head northwest out of Cardinham up to the Callywith side of Bodmin. Or you could head south up to the A38 from Cardinham, cross over using the Toucan crossing and head SW towards Lanhydrock, then follow NCN Route 3 over the footbridge and that will take you ‘straight’ towards the Camel Trail.

Edit: just to add, I’ve never ridden either routes…so couldn’t say what they’re like!

wordnumb
    Free Member

Yeah, Route 3 might have to do. I’d heard rumours of a traffic free route when I was working down there, but it’s probably of the cheeky variety as there’s nowt on the OS or t’internet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Any Bodmin locals in? Route advice sought.’ is closed to new replies.