Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any BMW Mini owners…with bikes?
  • danjthomas
    Free Member

Thinking of getting a copper s but am a golf owner used to loads of space for th fs. Anybody got a mini and can fit a bike/bikes in the back.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Seats down, wheels off then yes, singular, or get a bike rack

AD

I use rack on mine but it is possible to fit in a bike with both wheels off – you may have to drop/remove seatpost as well though.

PS a dimwit will be along shortly to ask if you are a planning a career in hairdressing or to make some vaguely homophobic comment… 😀

orena45

I stick my Five on it’s side in the back of ours. Will fit in with just the front wheel off with the back seats down…but with the front passenger seat tilted forward. Even with the rear wheel off, I still need the passenger seat forward so not sure if I could carry a passenger up front as well as a bike or two!

Edit:

PS a dimwit will be along shortly to ask if you are a planning a career in hairdressing or to make some vaguely homophobic comment…

Uh oh – I just owned up to having a Five AND a Mini. Let the onslaught commence! 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Towbar and rack.

coogan
    Free Member

Works a treat.

sniff
    Free Member

Countryman has prep for a rear rack as standard. Bit of an eye watering price for the rack mind….

http://www.minigenuineparts.co.uk/mini-parts/info_BM82_71_2_149_492.html

unklebuck
    Free Member

Uh oh – I just owned up to having a Five AND a Mini. Let the onslaught commence!

Don’t worry, you’re not the only one!

They’re hopelessly impracticable, rough riding and my 52 plate has started to fall apart needing well over a grand in parts in the last year. Great fun on the open road though 🙂

I’ve got a Saris bones 2 with a pack of hatch huggers. It’s pretty secure and has even carried a DH bike that was a good bit over the recommended weight limit without any issues.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any BMW Mini owners…with bikes?’ is closed to new replies.