Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Any blues music fans
  • stuey
    Free Member

pass the whiskey…

frankconway

And the second part of Canned Heat (Woodstock) Boogie

alanj
    Free Member

Joe Bonamassa anybody?

frankconway

JB been done, several times ^^^; read the thread.
    IMO he’s average, at best.

Moe

Nine Below Zero! Definitely worth seeing live!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I sae Nine Below Zero at Neecastle Students Union in 1982 I think it must have been.

DezB
    Free Member

Different..!

beanum

A couple of lesser known artists:

Geoff Achison
    His live album “Souldiggin’ in the UK” is amazing. His studio stuff, not so much.

Manu Lanvin
    French blues rock – top showman but I don’t if or how often he tours in the UK

organic355
    Free Member

frankconway

@haemish ^^^ re nine below zero at newcastle uni; sounds like that’s when/where I first saw them.
    Good to see the old boys are still going strong – less drive, more nuance; I like very much.
    Returning to the thread…..Charlie Musselwhite playing Stone Fox Chase , aka the whistle test theme; also played by Mark Feltham of nine below.

Ah,the good old days – still at home with parents, tues evening in pub, back at 10.45 and parents going to bed, BBC2 at 11pm for the whistle test – richard williams then whisperin’ bob; happy days but then we had kershaw and the others.

frankconway

Slim Harpo (another dead black blues man) playing Hip Shake https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipjQlGgvW-8.
    More upto date version by the Shack Shakers – great live if only they would stop gobbing on each other; last saw them at the Brudenell in Leeds – fantastic!

A real blast from the past – Papa John Creach on violin playing St Louis Blues https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y42-d7flk

That takes me to the other great St – St James’ Infirmary Blues; so many to choose from but I suggest Louis Armstrong, Tom Jones, Rhiannon Giddens.

frankconway

A bit more from Papa John Creach – with Jorma Kaukonen, Jack Casady and A.N Other who, I thought, may be Leo Kottke; wrong but don’t know who he is.
    Any suggestions?
    Just to say, Papa John is dead – as are most of the musos i’ve referred to; hmmm…….

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Any blues music fans’ is closed to new replies.