Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Any Beck (Hansen) fans in the house? Scientology content.
  • bigjim

Among these advanced teachings is the story of Xenu (sometimes Xemu), introduced as the tyrant ruler of the “Galactic Confederacy”. According to this story, 75 million years ago Xenu brought billions of people to Earth in spacecraft resembling Douglas DC-8 airliners, stacked them around volcanoes and detonated hydrogen bombs in the volcanoes. The thetans then clustered together, stuck to the bodies of the living, and continue to do this today. Scientologists at advanced levels place considerable emphasis on isolating body thetans and neutralizing their ill effects

sounds legit

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I did a wee facepalm when I heard about the whole Scientology thing

Scientology as a whole, is a massive facepalm. In fact it is the facepalm of facepalms.

atlaz
    Free Member

No religion can possibly believe in “good” because it’s a very vague concept that means different things to different people/cultures.

For the most part, if you were to get the venn diagram of religions and what they feel is “good”, I’m willing to bet “not being a total bastard to your neighbour/wife/kids/friends/family/random person” is probably a pretty close approximation. Stuff about not eating squid on the third thursday of a month beginning with M is just a piss take to give people the flexibility to avoid the main rule 😉

So in summary – “Be Excellent to Each Other” is probably as good a commandment as any. And you all thought Keanu Reeves was too wooden to be the messiah

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    slimjim78
    Free Member

LOLs @ BigJim

And atlaz – that is a most excellent philosophy.

Northwind

No more heroes any more…

Seriously, I admire these guys for their music, not for their taste in cults. So bollocks to it.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Any Beck (Hansen) fans in the house? Scientology content.’ is closed to new replies.