Any bargain trail tyres out there?

Home Forum Bike Forum Any bargain trail tyres out there?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Any bargain trail tyres out there?
  • adrec

Anyone seen any smoking hot deals on mid range 26′ rubber out there?

slackalice

If it is what it says it is, then this MK II 26×2.2 Protection folding jobbie is a firkin bargain at £24. AFAIK, Protection folding MK II’s are chilli compound too and cheapest elsewhere Ive found is £39.95.

Link to MK II

I’ve ordered one, expected delivery this Thursday. I’ll keep you posted if you like?

EDIT: For some reason that I can’t figure out, the link isn’t behaving…. It is now!!

6079smithw

On One’s site had some super cheap Geax tyres the last time I looked.
    They’re good ones too

Premier Icon CheesybeanZ
    Subscriber

On one chunky monkeys and smorgasbord get great reviews for the price .

jk1980

You can get continental barons on CRC for about £15-20, they’re pretty good for this time of year

a mate recently bought a Schwalbe Fat Albert tubeless-ready rear from Germany for £29ish, which I thought was a pretty good price for tubeless. Bike-discount.de I think

therag

Halfords were doing 3 for 2 on all bike stuff and stock maxxis, not sure if it’s still on. 2 minions and a high roller for £31

jekkyl

Continental Vertical are £12.88 in Halfords and wiggle.

halfords link

b r

On one chunky monkeys and smorgasbord get great reviews for the price .

Yep, got a Chunky Monkey 2.4 super sticky recently. Certainly is ‘sticky’ – and huge, 9mm taller than the single ply DHF Minion it replaced.

tomkerton

Evans have got spesh captains or conti mountain kings for £20 each on special, both would do the job.

adrec

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/TYOOSM26X225/on_one_smorgasbord_26x225_tyre

these look good. reckon a 60a on the back and a 42/60 dual compound on the front

20 quid a piece as well

anyone had any experience of these? believe they’re very similar to Kenda Nevegals which came on my trance, which i was very impressed with

adrec

Did those tyres arrive slackalice? Were they the black chilli versions?

slackalice

Hi adrec, yep arrived yesterday. They are not! It is a folding tyre though…. The conti product code on it is 0100509, whereas the Protection black chilli is 0100511.

I called the supplier who told me that all conti tyres were protection now 😕 And that black chilli wasn’t worth it! They did say that if I wanted to return it, they will refund, so it’ll be going back to them today. Apparently, they have no control over detailed product specs on Amazon.

Cheapest I’ve found for protection and chilli is £39.96 on Wiggle… Ordered one from them last night.

adrec

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/380778390780?limghlpsr=true&lpid=102&device=m&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=102

These seem very good vfm. I ended up going for specialized purgatory 2.3. 30 quid, and they look the business, nice tacky side nobbles, hard rolling surface etc

andyrm

adrec – the Canis is fantastic, particularly as a rear tyre. Really solid sidewalls on all the Onza tyres (especially if you get the FR series, essentially Exo but tougher).

adrec

Quite tempted to buy a couple as a spare set. £16 delivered seems a steal!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Any bargain trail tyres out there?’ is closed to new replies.