Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any android geeks?
  • franksinatra

I received an insurance replacement for my stolen Galaxy S2 today. The problem is that it is not tied to network provider, in my case orange. I need signal boost (UMA) as it is the only way I can get a signal in my house. I can only do this if it is an orange phone. I guess what I need to do is the opposite of routing.

Can I do this and, if so, any idea how?

footflaps

Have you spoken to Orange, they might be able to enable the phone to use the femtocell via an SMS update to the SIM?

franksinatra

Just tried that but after 5 minutes of going through their call centre automated system I got a message saying they were unusually busy and I should phone back tomorrow before being disconnected!

eltonerino
    Free Member

According to Wikipedia only certain devices support it. Not all Galaxy SII’s support it. Only Galaxy SII SGH-T989 and Orange Galaxy SII with NFC (GT-i9100P). If it is the normal SII (GT-i9100) then it will never work as it doesn’t have the bits.

You might have to sell it and buy one from Orange? Or maybe a femtocell?

franksinatra

Balls. It is GT-9100.

UMA is brilliant but harder and harder to find phones with it.

I’ll speak to orange but if they can’t do anything then Ill need to jump provider, no use having a phone that doesn’t work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any android geeks?’ is closed to new replies.