Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any Alternatives to this Ruark R2i Dab Docking radio.
  • righog
    Free Member

Raurk R2i

This seems to tick most of the boxes I want, I would prefer the bigger version with the cd but at £600 it’s just too much.

It will sit on a bookshelf so alternatives could include separate speakers.

aP
    Free Member

Roberts do something similar, nowhere near £600.
    They also have some newer DAB radios which have a slightly better interface than the clunky horrid default one that everyone uses.

AlexSimon

I wanted to like the Ruark, but found the controls fiddly/nonsensical and the sound only ok.

Our little FM tivoli Model One sounds better. When we want dab, we hook it up to the phone/tablet/laptop and get the benefit of internet radio/youtube too.

I assume Tivoli do a DAB model, so it might be worth investigating. The sound is absolutely perfect for radio.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Pickers

I use a Pure Contour 100 in my office. May not have enough grunt for a bigger room buts works very well – under £100 and ticks the same boxes

righog
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions, I have checked them all out. I really like the Tivoli, ( we already have a one FM radio, never thought to use the phono link for the iphone) but it is about the same price as the Ruark.

But ( god help me) I have also seen some really good looking homemade versions, I reckon I might have a pop at.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JgMljnH9Yjc#t=9[/video]

Homemad job

AlexSimon

Have you heard the Ruark?
    I would just make sure you do before purchasing. Maybe it was the demo, but I was really disappointed.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

A full Tivoli setup can sound pretty good, like ‘proper’ hifi.

righog
    Free Member

AlexSimon – Member
    Have you heard the Ruark?
    I would just make sure you do before purchasing. Maybe it was the demo, but I was really disappointed.

Yes Alex, I did not think it was any great shakes, but I will mainly be using it for the radio ( radio 4) The wife wants to use it as an ipod dock ( she wants a dock for chrimbo), My main reason was the looks and shape as it needs to fit on a bookshelf and shallow as it is not the sound. I am quite keen on building something now so may just get the wife any old dock for chrimbo a make a one for the long term.

AlexSimon

Make sure you stick it in the ‘last thing I made’ thread if you do 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any Alternatives to this Ruark R2i Dab Docking radio.’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts