Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Any 29er wheelset bargains about?
  • Rickos
    Free Member

29er wheels
    Non-boost – 15mm front, 12×142 rear
    25mm to 30mm wide internal (prefer the 30mm end of the scale)
    Around 2,000g for the pair
    Needs to be Shimano type freewheel unless you know of a singlespeed kit for XD.
    Less than £200

Any good deals that can supply me that lot?

cogwomble
    Free Member

Planet X/One-On are doing WTB i25 rims on El Guappo Rattle Snakes for £100 at the moment I believe.

Rickos
    Free Member

Only 135mm QR rear though and also XD only. Good shout for someone though.

DezB
    Free Member

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/octane-one-solar-trail-mtb-wheelset-2017/rp-prod155801 ?

Never ‘eard of em, but they seem to fit your spec almost exactly 🙂

hypnonewt
    Free Member

Octane One make great dirt jumping stuff. Polish i believe a bit like Dartmoor Bikes.

Rickos
    Free Member

Nice find, Dez.
    Seems that Gusset do a singlespeed kit for XD, but it would add £38 to my costs to get the sprocket size I want. So, any XD options need to be that much cheaper…

On one have Pacenti rims on El Guapo hubs for £150, but those Octane One’s would be cheaper with the Shimano freewheel already.

Owt else?

DezB
    Free Member

http://octane-one.com/solar-complete-wheels/ – Sealed bearings, tubeless ready…  tempted myself at that price

batman11
    Free Member

Bit cheeky but.
    I’m about to put up some hope pro 4 with stans flow3 rims (29mm) internal width wheels for sale in just what your after in black they were built by strada wheels so a pretty high end build as there one of the best in the country now. wanted £310 posted for them.
    Pm carlfragle@aol.com if there of interest
    Bats.

cogwomble
    Free Member

Only 135mm QR rear though and also XD only. Good shout for someone though.

The driver is mega easy to swap out as are the end caps to get it how you want it, and they sell the spares for them.

Give em a call to discuss, see if they can do something for you mate, it’ll still come in under budget.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Hi
    I have recently acquired a new smuggler and took the wheels off ( actually front did 1 slow lap of Degla)

Spec is as follows: SRAM MTH hubs, WTB STP i25 rims

Can deliver for £110

thorpie
    Free Member

Just ordered some new 29er wheels myself. Didn’t realise that hardly anyone does 135mm qr rear wheels anymore, barely any choice, without going custom. Hope hoops are about it, so ordered the XC variety.

Poopscoop

Only one set left of the wheel set posted above on CRC….. 😉

Kryton57

Just Riding Along have a good customisable wheel set offer for £400.

ActionSport.de have some sub 300euro wheel sets

Merlin cycles have the Raleigh / Halo aka Pro Build / Chosen Alex Volar wheel set for about £180.

woodster

Got a lovely set of Syntace W35 M in the correct spec and lovely condition (no dings/scrapes ever) I’d sell for £200 posted.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Any 29er wheelset bargains about?’ is closed to new replies.