Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Any 29” 2.6 deals about?
  • Wally

Musing to fit the biggest tyres I can on hard tail for an upcoming trip to the rocky hills. Any good deals spotted?

Northwind

Aye, specialized have a load on sale. Not the best tyres ever but probably the best £25 tyres ever

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Just bear in mind that Spesh 2.6 is everyone else’s 2.4, maybe 2.45. As Northwind says they are very good indeed for £25.

chakaping
    Free Member

I wouldn’t pay that for them myself. Not least because they are not actually 2.6in at all.

Schwalbe are usually £35 from Germany and the 2.6 is quite a generous size.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I had some nice WTB Trail Boss ones on my bike that got pinched. £30 or so

chiefgrooveguru

“Musing to fit the biggest tyres I can on hard tail for an upcoming trip to the rocky hills. Any good deals spotted“

What tyres do you have on now? I’d get some foam inserts like Rimpacts, they’re very effective in the rocks when you have no rear suspension but plenty up front.

chakaping
    Free Member

Here you go, 2.6in Mary – and maybe get a hans dampf for the rear…
    https://r2-bike.com/SCHWALBE-Tire-Magic-Mary-29-x-260-ADDIX-Soft-SnakeSkin-TL-Easy-Apex-2019

Wally

Chakaping I have gone Kerching. Gone for the exact combo you have recommended and linked to. Thanks.

srm87
    Free Member

What was the total gbp price Inc. Delivery?

chakaping
    Free Member

Let us know what the Hans is like in 2.6, I love it in the 2.35 version.

Wally

£88.12 all posted to your door for This one click Magic Mary and Hans combo

I have the MM in 2.35 soft up front already with a Nobby Nic 2.35 soft out back so the move to 2.6 will be interesting to try.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

‘Let us know what the Hans is like in 2.6, I love it in the 2.35 version.’

I’ve been running 29×2.6 through the summer. Great for the dust but frustratingly unpredictable in the wet. Surprising as 650b x 2.8 was incredible last winter.

I’ve just swapped to a WTB Vigilante 2.6 up front and it’s much better in the wet than the 2.6 Mary

chakaping
    Free Member

Are you describing the Hans 2.6 on the rear?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Any 29” 2.6 deals about?’ is closed to new replies.