Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ants – nicely OT – how to get rid…
  • munkster
    Free Member

…the little blighters seem to be happily camped out in one area of one wall, you see them heading into cracks in the brickwork – thankfully none have made it inside (yet!!) – ant powder sees them exiting pretty sharpish but they seem to keep finding a way in/out. Solid walls (1920s) AFAIK, no cavity as such.

Anyone got any experience of tackling this? Obviously a lot on the internet already but there’s usually at least one voice of reason on here that can cut through the myriad of supposedly de facto solutions 😉

tomhoward

Fire. Lots of fire.

Hth

tinybits
    Free Member

Spray the wall with petrol, add match.

munkster
    Free Member

*Smacks forehead*

Why didn’t I think of that!!!1

shifter
    Free Member

Please video results 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the little blighters seem to be happily camped out in one area of one wall

Why is that a problem ……..have they been making a lot of noise or throwing stuff around ?

JoeG
    Free Member

Terro or another similar poison. Its just borax + corn syrup IIRC so very safe compared to nastier things.

Or nuke it from orbit…

gusamc
    Free Member

mine seemed to understand the white powder line rule, I just lifted the carpet and laid a line around the floor of the walls they were in, they never came in the house

you can get killer drops they take back to the nest, mine seemed to understand them as well and ignored them completely

they don’t like petrol, it did work on the lawn, boiling water might be safer on a house though

trout
    Free Member

Why kill em they were pretty good int 80s

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPjfD8ulnpw[/video]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Put some poison under the fence.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ants – nicely OT – how to get rid…’ is closed to new replies.