Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • anti mould sprays
  • Premier Icon poolman
    Free Member

are they all the same? I need to clear some mould on tenanted property windows. Screwfix do one for a fiver, anyone tried it? thanks in advance

Premier Icon footflaps

I just use Flash Bleach spray – what it doesn’t remove it bleaches so you can’t see it so obviously (you never hide it entirely if it’s eaten into the surface).

Premier Icon johndoh
    Free Member

I use the one from Screwfix (damp behind wardrobes on a gable end wall) and it works fine. Just follow the instructions and ensure you get all the spores off.

Premier Icon skiprat
    Free Member

My dad got some of this for cleaing the frames of UPVC windows, to get rid of the little black spot mould.

http://www2.westfalia.net/shops/household/cleaning_and_protection/mould_and_dampness/dealing_with_mould/182069-mould_stop_mould_ban.htm

Did the job and nothing grew back.

Premier Icon poolman
    Free Member

thanks – I’ll order some of the mould stop on last link – much appreciated. STW to landlords rescue!!!

Cheers all

Premier Icon teasel
    Free Member

Surely warm water with 5 – 10% bleach would do the job cheaper…

Premier Icon properbikeco
    Free Member

the dettox stuff always works well for me

i also leave it for much longer than it says, with very good ventilation, and then wipe it up after (be careful and read why ventilation is important – it is nasty stuff)

has so far kept mould off an external wall very well

Premier Icon Davesport

Mould remover to end all other mould removers IMO. http://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/Product.asp?ID=2749&?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=comparsionshopping&gclid=CPKGpfi9trUCFabLtAodEFoAuA

If Heineken made mould remover etc 🙂

Premier Icon tazzymtb

any sodium hypochlorite solution will so the job. The main thig is to make sure that it’s not as a result of a leak. if it’s just on windows then make sure the relative humidity is less than 50% or that there is sufficient air flow and that’ll stop any propagation or regrowth.

Premier Icon monkeychild
    Free Member

White vinegar, lemon and water in a sprayer bottle works a treat!

Premier Icon patriotpro
    Free Member

*bookmark*

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘anti mould sprays’ is closed to new replies.