Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Anthrax Conspiracy Theories Anyone ??
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Good riddince I say, bloody scumbags are a scourge on society

so much for compassion 🙁

CountZero

I just think of it as evolution in action. Nature's way of culling the weak and stupid.
    Lacking in compassion? No, just indifferent.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I just think of it as evolution in action

evolving into heartless unthinking ideologues ? – let's hope not 🙁

yunki
    Free Member

there's been a few very judgemental and small minded replies to this post so I just wanna chuck my two pence worth in brfore I get upset and spend the rest of my day plotting how to cause actual physical harm to small minded judgemental little twonks…

alot of these people will have come from very deprived social and economic backgrounds and will have had serious substance abuse problems from a very early age.. (many starting pre-puberty)

are you calling this small and frightened children scum and scourge and demanding they be accountable for their actions?

yes we could all do without the adults that they become.. but your holier than thou attitude smacks of naivety and nimby nobheadism to me..

yunki
    Free Member

naive and nimby nob-heads we could also all do without really… no?

wheelz
    Free Member

yunki – Member
    …the rest of my day plotting how to cause actual physical harm to small minded judgemental little twonks…

Does this not make you equally judgemental?

Sometimes it's difficult to look objectively at the underlying reasons for a problem such as drug addiction and, specifically, how some addicts finance this addiction. This is especially true of people who've been victims of drug related crime.

I'm a bit like jahwomble. I've taken precautions to try and ensure I don't get burgled but, if I did, then it would be nothing more than a minor inconvenience for me.

I think it would be very different for my wife and two young children though, as they see our home as their 'safe haven' as it were. If their home were to be violated I'm sure they would find it very difficult to take an objective view of the burglar's problems.

I might also find it difficult to take an objective view if I'm forced to move house as a result. I know, it's unlikely, but this does happen.

Many people see the drug addicts as victims, which some of them may well be, but the addicts aren't the only victims when they resort to crime to finance their habit.

Burglary may well be classed as a crime against property, but for some victims it can leave deep psychological scars.

You can call me a nimby if you must, but I challenge you to find anyone who'd welcome drug addicts openly into their own backyard. I'm sure there wouldn't be that many volunteers, even amongst those who preach tolerance so loudly.

Sometimes there is a reason why people hold extreme views, in the same way that there is sometimes a reason why people become drug addicts. If you can be tolerant of one, why is it not possible to be tolerant of the other, instead of contemplating physical violence against people you know nothing about?

Isn't that also extreme?

And isn't it a little naive of you to assume that none of the people who expressed an opinion you disapprove of are capable of visiting more violence on you than you could ever visit on them?

Just a thought…

yunki
    Free Member

and a very valid point…

i was kinda commenting on the people who were advocating destruction of other human beings due to their lifestyle choices, i'm a pascifist and a coward.. i wouldn't and couldn't hurt my dog if she bit me…

it was a satirical comment aimed at the folk who were screeching 'good riddance'

i agree with the views in part.. and have been a victim of drug related crime on more than one occasion..

yunki
    Free Member

and by your violence comments… and your assumption that folk only contemplate violence when they have no fear of equal or indeed more powerful reprisal? i now well and truly have got you pegged as a bully and a person capable of violence..

anyway.. violence is ugly and unnessecary in this instance and it's regretful that anyone should have brought it into the conversation.

forums are bizarre minefields for voicing opinions hey?

yunki
    Free Member

i will try and respond with more enthusiasm when i've finished feeding my son…
    he's very wriggly this morning

wheelz
    Free Member

The fact that you have been a victim of drug related crime and are able to look objectively at the underlying problems makes you a better man than me.

I'm not sure I would be able to be so understanding should it ever happen to me, although I hope that I'd at least try to be.

I think anyone is capable of violence under the right circumstances, even dyed in the wool pacifists. Those that claim they are not just haven't found themselves in the right situation yet.

So, yes, like everyone, I'm sure I am capable of violence, but I'm not a violent person – far from it.

And I also don't agree with some of the extreme views offered on this thread, but I am tolerant of people's right to air them.

yunki
    Free Member

I agree thatI should indeed be more tolerant of peoples views… and I would like to think that I generally am..

having woken at 5am and only had the benefit of a 5 month old babies opinions for the last four hours.. I think my tolerance for calls for the extermintation of sectors of society are a bit shakey
    sorry if I went off a bit..

wheelz
    Free Member

yunki – Member
    having woken at 5am and only had the benefit of a 5 month old babies opinions for the last four hours

Having been there a few years ago, I'm surprised you're not down McDonalds armed with a sub-machine gun 😉

lucky
    Free Member

Getting very bitchy now in here isn't it ! Now we've had members called pricks , nobheads and violence wished upon them . Tolerance indeed !! Hope you all have a nice day – junkie haters and huggers alike

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Getting very bitchy now in here isn't it !

😕 I'm not sure about the 'getting now'……….. the original post to this thread included : dying from anthrax. long may it continue, which I guess set the tone for the direction which the thread would go.

If people want to celebrate the death of other human beings, then it's reasonable to assume that things might get a bit 'bitchy'………..after all, not everyone is an arsehole.

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Anthrax Conspiracy Theories Anyone ??’ is closed to new replies.