Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anthony
  • jamj1974

Anyone else watching ‘Anthony’ on BB1 right now…?

So terrible…

jamj1974

Was I the only person who watched this terrific and moving Jimmy McGovern fact-based drama – surely not?

136stu
    Free Member

Fact based drama – meh!

theotherjonv

No, but I have it Sky+’ed to watch later.

136stu, do you know what it’s about before dismissing it offhand?

MoreCashThanDash

MrsMC watched it and said it was very good. I wasn’t in the mood for something that heavy, I’ll be honest, might catch it on iPlayer another time.

richardkennerley

I watched it. I guess the dismissal of it being fact-based is technically correct. It was an interesting idea and made for a moving end.

greentricky
    Free Member

I found it really moving and the way they did the time shift really effective

RichPenny
    Free Member

I saw a link on the BBC and will definitely watch it, I like the concept.

augustuswindsock

Started watching it but got distracted by dad duty, will be revisiting asap.

jamj1974

Fact based drama – meh!

It took the true and accurate facts about a racially-motivated and violent end to the promising life of a teenaged boy and then imagined how his life could have turned out… As such it gave some shape and meaning to the premature loss of a young persons life.

Incredibly poignant.

If all you came to say was “meh”, you could have scrolled past the thread and left it there really…

wingnuts

Married to a black woman and this happened to her cousin’s son. Same age but not caught the people responsible.
    Hard watch in our household. But it’s important to watch. We might not have achieved in life for a whole host of reasons. But we have life!
    Jimmy McGovern is a god in my eyes. So much social commentary on difficult topics over the years.

jamj1974

Married to a black woman and this happened to her cousin’s son. Same age but not caught the people responsible.
    Hard watch in our household. But it’s important to watch. We might not have achieved in life for a whole host of reasons. But we have life!

I can only imagine…

fadda

I watched it too, and was moved to tears.
    The way it was presented, as jamj has already said, gave some substance to the tragedy and the effect it might have on the future, which I liked (meaning “appreciated what they had done”) and somehow made it even more tragic for me.
    I don’t have wingnuts’ close alignment to the issues, and treat this kind of thing as education for me.

136stu
    Free Member

If all you came to say was “meh”, you could have scrolled past the thread and left it there really…

Sorry Boss but the OP did ask who watched it, not for a critique, so let me leave that there for you now.

heebyjeeby

I found it very moving too…

jamj1974

Sorry Boss but the OP did ask who watched it, not for a critique, so let me leave that there for you now.

I am the OP…

136stu
    Free Member

👍

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anthony’ is closed to new replies.