Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anthem X – make it slacker and what's your set up?
  • HarYuken
    Free Member

I have an Anthem X with a 120mm fork, as I think that makes it handle more like a trail bike than an xc bike (which is good IMO!). It slackens the head angle to about 70 degrees, which is more manageable than 71 degrees.

I’m also running a 75mm stem and 720mm bars but thinking of going to 60mm and 760mm bars (I love the 50mm stem and 760mm bars on my Heckler and I would like to try and mirror that set up).

I think I would like to slacken it up by another degree to make it more of an all rounder (69 degrees). Has anyone used offset bushes and/or a Works Components headset on an Anthem X? Is 1 degree the most they can achieve and do they do the right cup size for the Anthem?

I would be interested to see and hear other people’s set ups on their Anthem X’s, especially if set up more for trail riding than racing.

slackalice
    Free Member

Why mess about with all the time that was spent designing the bike to make it handle appropriately ( and by all accounts, very well indeed) for its intended discipline?

Sounds like too many compromises being introduced with your approach, but its your bike, so away you go. 🙂

I would imagine that the people at Giant developed the Trance for what your trying to achieve.

HarYuken
    Free Member

So I should sell my Anthem and but a Trance rather than adapt a bike I already have to be more suitable to some of the riding I do? Good idea!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    slackalice
    Free Member

Thanks 🙂

All part of the service 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anthem X – make it slacker and what's your set up?’ is closed to new replies.