Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • ANT+ to Lightning iOS adaptor?
  • disco_stu
    Free Member

Does such a thing exist as I have a Garmin Ant+ heart rate monitor that I’d like to use with Zwift running on an iPad?
    Otherwise it’s purchasing a new Bluetooth hrm.

mattbee

Yes, although it’s in the form of a lightning to 30 pin adapter and a Wahoo ant+ 30 pin dongle.
    Unless they have finally released a lightning version that was how I had to connect my iPad to turbo to allow Sufferfest to control the turbo.
    You can pick up a Bluetooth hrm for less than the cost of the above though if that’s all you need to connect.

Nobby

What mattbee said.

disco_stu
    Free Member

Bluetooth HRM it is then, cheers.

Vortexracing

Otherwise it’s purchasing a new Bluetooth hrm.

that’s what I have bought, works a treat, got mine for Merlin

forgot to mention mines the 4iii one that takes the ant+ form my Lemond trainer and then transmits it to the Ipad via BT

MrPottatoHead

Anyone tried Lightning to USB adapter to run ANT+ dongle? I’ve thought about running Zwift on iOS but never had much joy with Bluetooth compared to ANT+; I seem to get far more drop outs.

mattbee

Tried that & it didn’t work as the adapter doesn’t power accessories.

MrPottatoHead

But presumably could run to a powered USB hub?

TiRed

Bluetooth on iOS with Zwift is trouble-free. Works a treat on both my iPad mini and 8+ phone. Ok you may struggle to read the text!ive also run it with an hdmi out to a bigger tv.

I might also try the usb ant dongle with an adaptor at some point as I bought it for the desktop computer before iOS. But then I bought a wahoo tickr and kickr. The 4iii that converts ant to Bluetooth would be a nice idea code an ant+ only power meter. BePro for example.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ANT+ to Lightning iOS adaptor?’ is closed to new replies.