Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ant+ receiver connect to iPad Air
  • zelak999
    Free Member

I want to use my USB Ant+ receiver with my iPad Air and my new Tacx Flow 2240 (bought cheap USB from Halfords).
    Can I just buy a USB to lightning connector for this to work or do I need to buy a new Ant+ receiver and an Apple 30 pin to lightning adaptor?

tonyf1
    Free Member

What do you mean by use ANT+? Flow supports Bluetooth and I assume iPad Air does ( I’ve an air 2 and does) so not sure you have an issue here.

geoffj

Tacx Flow T2240 Smart Turbo Trainer
    Exclusive to Halfords, the Tacx Flow T2240 Smart Turbo Trainer provides a fantastic training experience thanks to the resistance being automatically controlled by the training programme or app that you’re using on your connected device. Of the many possible training options, you can choose the software that best matches you and your way of training. It boasts a max resistance of 800 watts and can simulate a 6% slope for realistic training. When not connected to a device, the Flow behaves like a fluid trainer; your resistance increases with your speed, enabling you to work as hard as you fancy.
    Tacx Flow T2240 Smart Turbo Trainer Extra Info
    Electromagnetic resistance unit
    Train by connecting to the free Tacx app or other third party software (i.e. Zwift or Trainer Road)
    Connect wirelessly to apps via Bluetooth or ANT+ for automatic resistance adjustment
    Connects to your smartphone or other device wirelessly by Bluetooth or ANT+
    Maximum resistance: 800 Watts
    Simulates a slope realistically up to 6%
    Behaves as a fluid trainer when used independently
    Includes Tacx Skyliner riser block
    Requires a power source for smart functionality to operate
    Bluetooth 4 or higher required

As per above just connect using Bluetooth

zelak999
    Free Member

Sorry I neglected to say that I’m using a Garmin HRM and cadence meter. Figured I’d need to connect these too.

geoffj

Looks like you need the wahoo iPhone dongle and the 30 pin to lightning adapter.

USB isn’t going to work

https://thesufferfest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/212904403-Connecting-ANT-Devices

zelak999
    Free Member

Cheers Geoff.

zelak999
    Free Member

Ouch, that’s another £78 I’ve got to find!!!!

jam-bo

T2240 outputs cadence. Buy a cheap BT HRM and do that way.

zelak999
    Free Member

Nice one jam bo

TiRed

I bit the bullet and bought the Wahoo bluetooth tikr and speed and cadence sensors. They all pair seamlessly with my iPad Mini 4. I was fed up with the ANT+ bodge.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ant+ receiver connect to iPad Air’ is closed to new replies.