• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ben.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Another "What Camera?" thread…
  • ben
    Free Member

Hoping for some advice from the STW camera boffins.

I’d like to get my sister a camera for an upcoming birthday. She recently visited and enjoyed using my Sony A33. I don’t quite have the budget to stretch to an A33 but would like to get something that has a degree of manual control and isn’t just a point and shoot. However, I think a full size SLR might be too unweildy for her, so think a compact system would be best.

With a budget of around £200 what would you suggest would be a good option? I’ve seen the Lumix GF3 for £239 but am more than happy to go for second hand.

Thanks

Shackleton

If she has proper lady hands and will never need an external flash then the gf3 deal is pretty hard to beat at the moment. It is also pocketable so can be taken everywhere and so may be a better way of testing the photography waters than a bigger beastie like a Nex or bigger m43 camera.

If you dig around in the menus and learn to use it they have almost all of the features of full size DSLR style cameras but there aren’t the dials and buttons on the outside.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Talking of cameras, anyone want to buy an Olympus OM10 SLR with some lenses and stuff thats sitting up in my loft? 😉

ben
    Free Member

Thanks Shackleton.

Is the GF3 tricky to use with big hands? Whilst my sister does indeed have proper lady hands; her husband, who most certainly has big man hands, would also want to use it…

lodious
    Free Member

Sorry about the shamless advertising but I’m selling a GF3 w/kit zoon lens for £180 delivered. It’s basically unused, PM me if your interested.

ben
    Free Member

I’ve sent you an email.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Another "What Camera?" thread…’ is closed to new replies.