• This topic has 44 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Mugboo.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Another what bike Enduro Downcountry content
  • razorrazoo

Try to get at least Exo+ rear (and front too if possible) if you’re in rockier terrain. DHR for the rear.  DHF or Assegai front in Maxxgrip (Assegai is a fantastic front tyre).

scruffythefirst
    Free Member

Does that combo pedal well?

joebristol

If it’s an all rounder and (supposedly) going into the summer an Assegai 2.5” front / dissector 2.4” rear would work well. Or if you want a back tyre that’ll also do winter then go for a dhr2.

Personally I’ve never had any issues with exo casing tyres (had Assegai / dhf / dhr2) in that casing. If going flimsier like a Forekaster / rekon then I’ve gone exo+ and run a rimpact at the rear.

Personally I tend to buy 3c maxterra compound front and then either the same rear or dual compound.

razorrazoo

Does that combo pedal well?

DHR is not the fastest rolling rear but is versatile enough to run year round.   DHF is probably a bit quicker rolling as a front but Assegai grips better.  I’d personally do Maxxgrip front for grip. Maxterra rear for a better wearing/rolling compound.  DC as a rear is ok too but you lose some grip.

Mugboo

On the ‘what bike for BPW v Dyfi’, my Bird Aether 7 with 150mm Pikes/CC coil shock felt way smoother at Dyfi.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.