Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Another what bike Bird Zero TR or Santa Cruz chameleon
  • blakec
    Free Member

Have been looking at bikes with my wife for her up coming birthday forthe last few months and looked at settling on a Bird Zero TR xs (when they finally arrive).

However just found a Sant Cruz chameleon for £250 less. spec is pretty much the same apart from the santa Cruz is a 1×10 and the bird is a 1×11.

Any one with experience of these two bikes?

Thanks

Bregante

Where have you found Chameleon complete builds for under a grand? (Bird zero TR is around that from memory)

Are you sure that is new/ not frame only?

blakec
    Free Member

Yes sure its not just the frame

Bregante

That sounds like a ridiculous bargain. Chameleon all day long if it’s legit.

eltonerino
    Free Member

I have the old Zero, with a -1.5° slackset. Not sure if that is more like a TR or an AM. The bike does more than I can and is really confidence inspiring. I took it to the local up-lift downhill course and it was never close to getting out of it’s depth. It’s also great doing XC rides with the Mrs. I’ve demoed a few other bikes (FS), but none of them have been as comfortable and instantly “right” feeling as the Bird Zero.

blakec
    Free Member

I believe the chameleon is legit its a 2015 frame hence the reduced price.

She has ridden a Bird Zero 2014 around swinley and enjoyed it hence why originally she was think of the Bird TR. But the chameleon seams like a good bargain

alextemper
    Free Member

I would go with the Bird as the geometry is far superior. As far as the quality of these two bike go there will be little in it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Another what bike Bird Zero TR or Santa Cruz chameleon’ is closed to new replies.