Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Another tubeless ask tank size
  • antigee

Have a track pump with a tank and I find with larger volume tyres it isn’t working so will buy a compressor local soy warehouse has a cheap model that comes with fittings but tank is only 6litres which to my thinking is probably enough….not planning on using for anything else as live in a rented house

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Make one from a fire extinguisher.

Compressors are complete overkill for only doing tyres.

antigee

I did have a converted pressure spray thing but disappeared last time moved and it was so so .. diy warehouse is 10 mins drive
    …resisted but fed up

docgeoffyjones

I made one out of an old balloon helium tank left over from one of children’s birthdays.

pdw
    Free Member

Have you tried taking the valve cores out when using your pump + tank? Can make all the difference.

I have a converted fire extinguisher. Will sort just about anything out but it’s boring to pump up to pressure.

antigee

Yep take valves out and sponge soap water around rim…plus tried circumferential strap … might be the rims labelled tubeless ready and yep I’ve taped but def no pops and not a lot of air in at end …so how big a tank?

smokey_jo

1 Litre slimline tonic bottle is sufficient for my 29 x 2.4’s

antigee

Cheers reckon my unbranded track pump tank thing is prob about 1.5 / 2 litres…garden spray thing I used prior about 1.5ltr so my feel is a 6l tank compressor should do the business unless something I’m missing like pressure v capacity?

tthew

no pops and not a lot of air in at end

Is it inflated enough to hold it’s shape and not go down when you take the air tank off? The inflator is only needed to get it started with the fast blast/steady flow, after that ‘pop’ it on and correct the pressure with your track pump.

asbrooks

I manage ok with a two litre pop bottle. Put about 40 psi in the bottle and a sudden release and the tyre (Maxxis Minion DHF Wide Trail – 27.5″ 2.5″) goes up first time. Seals enough to prevent air loss. Pump it back up for another go and then follow on using use the track pump to snap the bead on. Takes about 10 minutes.

igm

I use an Airshot – leave the pump on it and provided there’s enough air in the tyre to get a partial seal you can use the pump to finish it to a pop.

Though to be honest I find I generally need an air tank for narrower tyres but the fat bike’s 4.8” monster goes up with a track pump alone.

zerocool

They’re really good for pumping up huge paddling pools, inflatable toys and the like as well. And blasting all the crap and debris out of the nooks and crannies or vans and cars.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Another tubeless ask tank size’ is closed to new replies.