Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Another triathlon question (sorry!)
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Okay so I’ve been doing triathlons for a good few years but only 1-3 a year and normally sprints, this year I’ve upped and I’m doing my first 70.3 (Ironman Wales calls in 2014 .. already entered!) in 2 weeks..however I’m in a dilemma. The weather has suddenly turned so if it stays like this it is going to be flipping freezing riding on the bike in just a sleeveless tri suit … and surely putting arm warmers on is just stupid!? What would you wear? do you wear anything under your tri suit? I was considering something like a 2XU compression SS underneath but will this actually dry quickly too or what? I’m guessing so as designed to wick away sweat?

Help! Thanks.

jobless
    Free Member

tape a wind jacket to your bike and put it on once you get going. swat i do.

jobless
    Free Member

you need a race belt for your number though.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Got race belt I did debate the arm warmers and gilet option… just wondered what others did for ease. Any layers under tri suit I was thinking of that might work?

jobless
    Free Member

there are a few options. i use the wind jacket one as my WJ rolls into a ball so I get tape it anywhere with masking tape, then get going on the bike and slip it on. others put a jersey on in T1. i find that putting a synthetic top on in Tx is really slow as you are wet and synthetics dont go onto wet skin very well (try putting a jersey on after a shower). the jacket tends to stick a bit but less so once you are going as you have the wind drying effect.

is the swim OW? the compression top will work for that. I have done that in the past. it was OK.

are you hoping for a good time? you could just take the extra seconds in T, put a LS (dry) jersey and swim a bit faster?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I’ve tried to put dry top on before ..disaster! I am hoping for a decent time, recent Olympic I did on same course turned out I was 2nd in my AG so we shall see! Swim is OW that’s why I thought poss a compression/base layer type HH top just wondered if anyone had tried it and it worked. Or the arm warmers and gilet? decision!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Another triathlon question (sorry!)’ is closed to new replies.