Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Another speed camera question…
  • woody2000

I got flashed by this camera this morning. I was however travelling on the other side of the road, so towards it. There are no markings on that side of the road – am I likely to get a ticket?

I only ask as my unblemished 23 year driving record might be coming to an end if so, and I need time to prepare 🙂

It’s a 30 zone and I was doing an indicated 35, so I was definitely over the speed limit (but not much!)

uplink
    Free Member

am I likely to get a ticket

no it’s a Gatso

mk1fan
    Free Member

No.

ski
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_hlMK7tCks[/video]

😉

woody2000

Ah good. Ski – I am indeed a very naughty boy!

Ta

MartynS

if your speedo was saying 35, I would guess you were only doing 33, that would be very unlikely to trigger a gatso anyway.. any other traffic around? they have 14 days to serve the NIP of you have been done…

ski
    Free Member

I would be next in the line to be stonned woody tbh

I managed to get points driving my Morris Minor at the tender age of 17, 7 days after passing my test!

So hardly a saint myself 😉

woody2000

No other traffic Martyn, that’s why it caught my eye. I suppose I could have been doing a little more and the camera going off instinctively made me raise my right foot. Definitely 35 when I looked down though.

No-one’s a saint Ski 🙂

richmtb

No.

They flash cars traveling in the opposite direction when they are out of film apparently

mk1fan
    Free Member

Or the cars on the wrong side of the road 🙄

konabunny
    Free Member

they still use film?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I am indeed a very naughty boy!

[pedant]
    That scene is the ‘stoning’ scene (any women here – high voices ‘no, no, no’ going lower to sound like men’s voices) not the ‘he’s not the Messiah, he’sa very naughty boy’ scene.
    [/pedant]

woody2000

I knew that Mike, after all, it says it on the top of the clip.

😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

8)

antigee

they still use film?

i believe quite a lot do but that their type approval will lapse in favour of digital meaning they all have to be replaced within next few years and there are no funds to do that

(i read this in minutes of S yorks road safety forum – hav an interest as one outside our house reduced speeds from often 60+ to average 38.5 which is still too fast for cars inches from kids on pavement)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Another speed camera question…’ is closed to new replies.