Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Another Spanish biking outfit.
  • Marin
    Free Member

Not to slump into a bitch fest but I’ve boked a holiday with peeps who operate out of Orgiva. I’ve been to the area twice climbing and walkng but never biking. Anyone been out to play with them, are the trails fun? Looked on YouTube and seems prety good to me. Do the local bars stil do tapas free with your evening booze?
    Pease mention no names, I’m already bored at work and can’t be bothered with “heated” typing.

joeegg
    Free Member

Stayed at a campsite outside Orgiva a few years ago.Thought it was a bit of a dump really.Scruffy hippies and battered old Transits everywhere.
    Had a mountain bike with me but never rode it as the terrain looked very unappealing.
    As i was living in Spain at the time i compared it to my area and Orgive just didn’t do it for me.

Marin
    Free Member

The transits will be the remnants of the hippy convoy that moved over if they had Brit plates. I liked the area myself and been round a lot of Spain. Mayb being an aging hippy at heart didn’t put me off.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cakerider

Did a week riding out of Origiva couple of months ago. Some decent riding for sure and worth the climbing.

As for free tapas with post-ride beer they sure do!!

Marin
    Free Member

Huarray. I told the Mrs we could save money by going to the bar!

MtbRoutes

Loads of *great* riding in the hills above Orgiva.

cakerider

yeah being vegetarian wasn’t the best with the tapas to be honest but good to see the rest of our group getting extra portions of everything, enjoy!

crazy-legs

I’ve stayed with a Spanish biking company near Orgiva a few times, loads of great MTBing (and road biking) in the hills around Orgiva and Lanjaron. Orgiva itself seemed to be a bit of a dump, you’re right.

RobHilton
    Free Member

The riding round there is fantastico IMO, have been many times with one of the companies based a bit higher up the hill.

trb
    Free Member

The riding round there is fantastico IMO, have been many times with one of the companies based a bit higher up the hill.

This ^

I almost moved out there at one point, but it came second to New Zealand in the end.

I can also confirm that the various bike companies out there all have strengths and weaknesses in different areas depending on your point of view 😀

Marin
    Free Member

Thank chaps. I do prefer Lanjaron but what the hell, I’l be glad to be back.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Another Spanish biking outfit.’ is closed to new replies.