Viewing 23 posts - 121 through 143 (of 143 total)
  • Another Sick! brand? Mullet Cycles
  • Tim
    Free Member

What an absolute clusterf**k that it.

No geo details, wild suspension claims that make little sense, a cringe worthy ‘attitude’ and a bike that looks 20 years old. And £2500.

Yes please, sign me up.

You would have to be certifiable

I reckon they bought some 27.5 frames out of a Taiwanese catalogue and stuck a 29er front end on them hence why they won’t share the geo as it will be awful 🤣

If you wanted a single pivot mullet bike…well there are plenty of choices that would be just fine (Starling, Orange spring immediately to mind)

Tim
    Free Member

What was the gist of the Foes back and forth

Something about one of the Mullet bikes actually being a rebranded Mixer?

matt_outandabout

No geo details, wild suspension claims that make little sense, a cringe worthy ‘attitude’ and a bike that looks 20 years old. And £2500.

You forgot the 30% restocking fee and vague commitments to any warranty or support…

b230ftw
    Free Member

I have remembered what they look like – remember the Club Roost full suss frames that were basically a Santa Cruz Superlight rip off? Early 2000’s I think? Reminds me of those.

Tim
    Free Member

So, Jameso’s image suggests it’s got 0bb drop

As an example, my Jeffsy 27 (in low) has a 15mm BB drop.

A 29er fork would raise the BB about 15mm…

I wouldn’t want to share that geo either !

funkmasterp

You forgot the 30% restocking fee and vague commitments to any warranty or support…

Yeah, but sweet head badge

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Yeah, but sweet head badge

I think I’d be more likely to buy one if the head badge was sweets, like those elastic bracelets you used to get in the 80s, or the edible clothing you now get in seaside novelty shops.

greyspoke
    Free Member

So, Jameso’s image suggests it’s got 0bb drop

As an example, my Jeffsy 27 (in low) has a 15mm BB drop.

A 29er fork would raise the BB about 15mm…

I wouldn’t want to share that geo either !

The image suggests 0mm relative to the line between the axles. The axle-to-axle line on a mullet bike would be about 6mm higher than the rear axle (19mm higher front axle, scale by 1/3 or so for the chainstay/wheelbase ratio). So the figure for comparison with a 27.5 bike is +6mm bb drop, with a 29 bike -13mm. On the high side, a 2017 Trek Slash (29er, 150mm/160mm) is -21 or -28 depending on flop chop for example.

greyspoke
    Free Member

My use of positives and negatives is upside down there because that is what makes sense to me, but probably not you… Reverse the numbers for a more conventional “positive bb drop means lower bb”.

Tim
    Free Member

I think I need to sketch that out 🙂 I may have to have a play in CAD

Ok fair play, BB height isn’t as clear but on a mullet bike, but Mullet (TM) not releasing any geo details just seems very shady 🤣

As an aside, what’s the comparative norm for measuring BB drop on a mullet bike? Axle to axle or do you use relative height from one of the axles? Maybe I can mullet my Jeffsy after all?!

jameso

As an aside, what’s the comparative norm for measuring BB drop on a mullet bike? Axle to axle or do you use relative height from one of the axles?

This is a good point as the overlay measurements I put on that image simply went axle to axle as that’s the easy way to reference a photo without it being a real guessing game. It means the HTA shown is about a degree steeper than it really is and the BB is a bit higher than it might look vs the axle line since the line’s not parallel to the floor.

BB drop for a mullet bike could be axle line as an easy comparison to other mullet bikes but really should be perpendicular to lines through axle, parallel to the ground. Could have a 27.5 axle drop and a 29 axle drop to reference to other matched wheel bikes, or if given drop vs one axle line you’d know the other is +/- 19mm. Seems to make sense to use the rear axle line generally as it’s linked to CS length / rest of frame.

mboy
    Free Member

Gutted!

The VitalMTB link is no more… It has been taken down! 😧

Something tells me this won’t be the last we hear of Mullet Cycles though, and until their next shill-fest, there’s almost certainly enough hidden gems in their website to keep most of us amused for a while… 🤭

leffeboy

Ooo, is this thread going to be next?

mboy
    Free Member

BB drop for a mullet bike could be axle line as an easy comparison to other mullet bikes but really should be perpendicular to lines through axle, parallel to the ground. Could have a 27.5 axle drop and a 29 axle drop to reference to other matched wheel bikes, or if given drop vs one axle line you’d know the other is +/- 19mm. Seems to make sense to use the rear axle line generally as it’s linked to CS length / rest of frame.

My new (Mullet wheeled, but not Mullet branded!) bike arrived a couple of days ago, I’ve just taken the measurements for you…

Static BB height: 335mm
    Rear axle height: 355mm
    Front axle height: 374mm

BB drop is quoted as 35mm though… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Tim
    Free Member

A simple average would have it ~30mm drop if it’s axle to axle – but the BB is closer to the rear axle so that’s too basic

Have to know the wheelbase and chainstay length to do it properly

What front and rear travel is it?

dannyh
    Free Member

A simple average would have it ~30mm drop if it’s axle to axle – but the BB is closer to the rear axle so that’s too basic

Have to know the wheelbase and chainstay length to do it properly

What front and rear travel is it?

They really aren’t doing this properly, are they?

I mean, leaving STW to speculate and analyse the geo just marks them down as rank amateurs. If they were worthy heirs to Sick! they would have sent one of their shills onto here by now to stir up a row, get some abuse, then report the posts and do a flounce.

Every time this thread is near the top of the page I think ‘potential gold’, yet all I see is people talking about leverage ratios and falling rise rates on the falling curve caused by the jiggle pin. Or something…

zerocool

I see that Mullet Cycles pulled the article on VitalMTB. I guess they got a bit it upset

Rubber_Buccaneer

leaving STW to speculate and analyse the geo just marks them down as rank amateurs

The STW forum possibly has far greater influence in Worthing than Colorado?

Tim
    Free Member

I see that Mullet Cycles pulled the article on VitalMTB. I guess they got a bit it upset

I can’t use Instagram, so can’t see if there is a flounce in progress sadly 😅

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I mean, leaving STW to speculate and analyse the geo just marks them down as rank amateurs. If they were worthy heirs to Sick! they would have sent one of their shills onto here by now to stir up a row, get some abuse, then report the posts and do a flounce.

Indeed.

I was really hoping I’d get to hear just why a fing head tube badge was worth $15k…….🤣

jonkranked
    Free Member

yea, they pulled it. it was also confirmed that there were more than 1 individual posting from the same bike shop (i’m assuming its the one associated with the brand).

Tim
    Free Member

How utterly bizzare!

Viewing 23 posts - 121 through 143 (of 143 total)

The topic ‘Another Sick! brand? Mullet Cycles’ is closed to new replies.