Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Another Reverb Q before I take the plunge….
  • BFITH
    Free Member

Is it possible to mount a LH one on the RHS?
    Who’s right handed and uses a LH remote? any pros and cons to doing this?

tomhoward

Yes, loads of people do it, it means you can mount it under the bar. though most have a rh one on the lhs, as there is more space if you arent running a front mech

honourablegeorge

RH one will mount under the bars on the left, LH underneath on the right.

Ideal for 1×10 as it’s very neat under the bars on the left – probably less ideal on the right as it will be competing for space with your shifter. It being under the bars does keep it clear of damage a lot better, though, and there are plenty pics around of people making it work with the shifter.

stevomcd
    Free Member

I’m right-handed and use a LH shifter on top of the bars.

Tried it underneath on the right and didn’t really get on with it. I have small hands and struggled to find a position where I wasn’t stretching to reach it.

No worries using it left-handed – I even think it’s probably preferably to keep your “strong” hand in full control of the bars.

BFITH
    Free Member

Thanks for that chaps…..Order going in now!!

barryboglips
    Free Member

Have you found a RHS one for a good price??

If so, LINK ME plz

a11y

LH lever mounted underneath RH side of bar:

I’ve got another reverb on a different bike with the ‘correct’ RH lever mounted above the bar and find both mounting methods fine. Tried the LH lever on the LH side but my limited brain couldn’t handle the change…

robdob
    Free Member

a11y – thats a nice setup – I see Shimano shifter but what brake is that? Wondering if my new 2×10 XT shifter set up and SLX brakes will work with the RH lever Reverb (that I intend to mount underneath on the LHS) that I have ordered. Any alterations needed?

barryboglips
    Free Member

a11y – thats a nice setup – I see Shimano shifter but what brake is that? Wondering if my new 2×10 XT shifter set up and SLX brakes will work with the RH lever Reverb (that I intend to mount underneath on the LHS) that I have ordered. Any alterations needed?

Looks like an slx brake

I think the reverb right next to the gear shifter looks too clumsy

a11y

SLX brakes 🙂

No modifications at all. You’ll notice there’s about 5mm gap between the reverb clamp and the brake lever? That’s to allow the sticky-out bit on the reverb lever to clear the brake lever clamp when you push it in. Took a bit of trial and error to find the best setup I could, happy with it now.

I’d prefer a RH lever mounted on the RH side but there was a big price difference between RH and LH at the time.

BFITH
    Free Member

Barry…no I’m getting A left hander from merlin for £175.
    Ther were some righthanders on ebay for £170 last week (absolute cycles) but he seems to have sold out.

Just wanted to know that if i did get a left hander i can try it out on both sides….

robdob
    Free Member

Ta very much – mines going on the other side so its next to the shifter I use less.

a11y

Pic from other side, if it helps anyone:

honourablegeorge

You still on a Lapierre, aLLy?

peachos
    Free Member

I think the reverb right next to the gear shifter looks too clumsy

eh??? what does clumsiness have to do with it? if anything, having the reverb actuator as close to the shifter is the best thing – less to distance move your thumb between shifting and dropping. someone (SRAM) needs to make a shifter with reverb actuator built in for absolute perfect positioning…

as for under bar set-up, its a matter of playing around with the shifter/brake/actuator. different set-ups will need different configurations, mainly due (i have found) to the brake lever length and reservoir body.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Another Reverb Q before I take the plunge….’ is closed to new replies.