• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by br.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Another reason not to pay your license fee?
  • jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

BBC spends £28 million on gagging orders!!

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/bbc-spent-28m-on-staff-gagging-orders-8664656.html

Wonder what they have to hide?

nbt

Maybe they’re also worried about the things stars get up to?

BBC paid for Tom Jones to hunt humans

😉

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Madness – a surgeon is paid around £120k – that would pay for 400 of them.
    perhaps we need to rethink our priorities a little!!

ohnohesback
    Free Member

That big new news studio, with so much wasted space that the camera zooms across it to the weatherman; nay, the whole of the new television centre, is reason enough.

xiphon
    Free Member

I don’t pay a license fee.

wwaswas

errm, that says they were ‘severance’ payments not gagging orders.

essentially, the BBC were buying their way out of their contractual commitments to their staff.

now it maybe that they were too generous but it’s not just paying people to keep schtum.

footflaps

Our new office is opposite a BBC office and they have just put up ‘BBC Bikes only’ signs in the bike racks near their office. For that reason alone, I’m stopping paying for a TV License. Public servants should know their place, I expect them to valet my bike FoC for me…..

br
    Free Member

errm, that says they were ‘severance’ payments not gagging orders.

essentially, the BBC were buying their way out of their contractual commitments to their staff.

now it maybe that they were too generous but it’s not just paying people to keep schtum.

This.

I’ve been laid off six times in my working life, and all had these types of ‘obligations’.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Another reason not to pay your license fee?’ is closed to new replies.