Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Another random opportunity finds its way to the Hoose of Moont
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Random email of the week. Scotland’s Gardens want to include the garden here on the cruise liners which dock at Rosyth’s tour itineraries. Best crack on with the gallery project then.

I’ve got a couple of large spaces whose doors, if glazed, then floored would make good rustic gallery spaces. Stay tuned.

Stoner
    Free Member

fantastic!

A permanent McMoonter retrospective installation 🙂

“…and here we come to Mcmoonter’s bucolic phase. Note the woody tones and arboreal approach to structure…”

geoffj

Souvenir logs in the gift shop?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

geoffj

😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

You need some Aboyne rip-off shop business advice.

bruneep

you’ll need the obligatory tea/coffee room as well

mcmoonter
    Free Member

You need some Aboyne rip-off shop business advice.

Adds Dangerous to speed dial.

matt_outandabout

Fire up the fergie, the tour bus needs a tow out the mud….

mcmoonter
    Free Member

My gallery project got off to a serendipitous start. I picked up the last of the bus shelter glass a day before the building it was stored in was due for demolition. You don’t get that sort of rush at the builders merchants. I’ve got a good feeling about this space already.

Bunnyhop

Brilliant.

Can’t wait to see the end result.

swiss01
    Free Member

if you’re stuck for stuff to go in your space come up the road and me amd mrs swiss will sort you right out!

bearnecessities

I love these threads.

Can I run the tea shop?

[masculine] I make a well-reviewed Victorian plum cake [/masculine]

matt_outandabout

Ace…

Bunnyhop

I’ll take your Victorian plum cake and add my lemon sandwich cake with homemade lemon curd filling.
    Could I run the craft shop, attached to the tea room?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

This is growing arms and legs. Initially it’s going to be a rustic exhibition space linking two sheds. Though there is a stable which opens onto the courtyard which could be made into some sort of tea room. Any proposals which include cake will be wholeheartedly received.

user-removed
    Free Member

This all sounds very exciting! Isn’t there an issue with damp in a rustic gallery?

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Risk assessment!
    Risk assessment!

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Cake shop, gallery sounds like the beginnings of a right posh trail centre.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

This all sounds very exciting! Isn’t there an issue with damp in a rustic gallery?

It’s within a stone built slate roofed stable block. If needs be I will install a similar stove to the one I have in the studio.

The biggest risk is that which rich Americans will be subjected to once I’ve completed my Aboyne Rip Off Shop accreditation.

yunki
    Free Member

Go on then.. I’ll send up a couple of paintings and a good cake or two 😀

samuri
    Free Member

Take them for rides in your roller

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve made a start clearing out the one of the two spaces. After a couple of big bonfires I can get a better feel for how it will look.

I will probably start another thread on here with links to my website at http://www.petermclarenfineart.com/Glassmount/n-rbhZf or thereabouts for those that like that sort of thing.

takisawa2

You could actually call it Empire of Logs.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Another random opportunity finds its way to the Hoose of Moont’ is closed to new replies.