Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Another powder coating question…
  • tootallpaul

… the other thread made me think about getting my Inbred refinished when I get back to the UK in August.

Can anyone recommend me a powder coater in the Surrey/Hampshire/South London Area?

And where can I get some Inbred decals?

Cheers all,

Paul
    🙂

Bregante

Funny that cos the other thread put me right off getting mine done.

tootallpaul

I’ve had frames done before with no issues- and one or two stories shouldn’t put you off.

🙂

simon1975

Paul ygm

tk46hal
    Free Member

Two frames done and two frames better than new!

I can recommend someone in Yorkshire!

timbur
    Free Member

South Coast Blast in Newhaven on Transit Way. (East Sussex so a bit further)

£40 for a bead blast and a black gloss/matt coating.

The condition when done is spot on (I’ve had three done and another half dozen mates have used him and been very impressed)

He even does the masking (well)

Tim

tootallpaul

Tim,

Does he do other colours?

And do you have an email address?

Cheese!

P

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

tk46hal – who can you recommend in Yorkshire? Cheers.

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

I use these guys

Armourtex in Hackney…

One week or less turn-around time, £65 for a standard hard-tail frame.

Any colour you want, and any glitter coats/lacquers etc are only another few £ on top.

I’ve had two fairly complex frames done (Intense M1, Turner HL 5-Spot), and I was very very happy with the results…

bruneep

so, powder coat or paint?

plus and minuses.

B

timbur
    Free Member

Yes he does but you pay more as he does a lot of industrial stuff and motor bike frames, all in black so he’s always got it ready in the gun.

South Coast Blast don’t do email :O) He’s a nice chap to talk to so try him on 01273 515513. Say that Tim sent you and that he’s done frames for me and various mates. Mention £40 for black as he’ll need a reminder.

cbrsyd
    Free Member

tk46hal – who can you recommend in Yorkshire? Cheers.

Don’t know what tk46hal recommendation would be but Triple S in Bingley are very good.

http://www.triple-s.co.uk/

Not used them for mtb stuff but had lots of motorbike bits and several sets of wheels done and everything comes back looking like new.

Tracey

We have had four frames done at LSN Coatings in Castleford. First class job every time

http://www.lsn-coatings.co.uk/

Tracey

tk46hal
    Free Member

Chunkymonkey!

K & M Powder Coatings, Featherstone nr Pontefract. 01977 799040 and ask for Angus.

cr500dom
    Free Member

I had my Ducati stuff done at Redditch shotblasting, can`t recommend them highly enough and way cheaper than Triple-S 😉

wheelie

Trestan Finishers Southampton

023 8043 3081

tony24
    Free Member

Isaac clarke did the guy cover all the bearing. Holes, bb and headtube or did you have to cover it all?

inbred853

Apologies for the hijack.

tk46hal,

Looking at getting a 29er when I return to the UK this year, what sizes are your on-ones? I’m 5’7″ by the way.
    Both bikes look great, I had my inbred 853 powdercoated fire engine red over in the US.

Ta

tk46hal
    Free Member

@Inbred853,

I’m 5-9 tall and both frames are 16″ Scandals. I’m probably between 16 and 18 frames, but went for the layback seatposts and 90mm stems and both bikes are bob on! You would probably manage with a standard seatpost and maybe a 70mm stem! IMO. 😉
    Regards,
    Tim.

inbred853

Tim,

Thanks, just got to wait until On-One get some more in.

takisawa2

5’9″ here & my 18″ Inbred 29er fits perfectly with 70mm stem.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Another powder coating question…’ is closed to new replies.