Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Another Peleton ad
  • natrix
    Free Member

Another peleton ad

Slightly NSFW, watch with care

Kuco

🙂

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

PelOton…

gonefishin
    Free Member

Any old excuse to slag off the company I suppose.

timbog160

It’s a very odd company – it’s share price has been up and down like nobody’s business, but there are clearly still a lot of people out there who think it is a good bet. In a world though where the most highly paid woman makes her money out of online gambling, maybe encouraging people to take a bit more care of their health is not the worst thing!

globalti
    Free Member

Funny video though.

RustySpanner

I don’t understand the Peloton hate.

We have two matching setups in our second holiday cottage in Wales and a treadmill next to each bike for the Pelohounds.
    We hang bags of dogshit from our traditional oak beams and flush a tenner down the drain whilst drinking coffee mid ride.

Cycling has moved on.
    It’s not just for povvos and freaks anymore – normal people can do it now.

tewit
    Free Member

My 80 year old mum asked ‘What’s it advertising? Flash?’😄

ratherbeintobago

It’s a very odd company – it’s share price has been up and down like nobody’s business, but there are clearly still a lot of people out there who think it is a good bet.

They’ve made the Ars Deathwatch List this year, which is never a good sign.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Noob question; what are the bikes actually like? Are they as good as say a Smart turbo trainer, or are they more like Gym spin bikes? The pictures make it look like you still have to adjust the resistance with a dial like the latter, in which case, how on earth to they charge £2k!

but there are clearly still a lot of people out there who think it is a good bet.

See also: the price of bitcoin and gold. Doesn’t need to be any intrinsic value to it, just speculation that the asset will increase in value.

FB-ATB

I’m waiting for an ePeloton.

DezB
    Free Member

Cycling has moved on.

I don’t think you can be “cycling” if you’re not going anywhere. More like “excercisebiking”.

I’m waiting for an ePeloton.

Brilliant idea! 😆

stumpyjon

Tina, yep I thought the same, seems like a pretty rubbish exercise bike with a screen tacked on. Add in the subscription charges and it seems pretty expensive for not alot. Personally I’d rather slog round the hills, dodging potholes and cars in the rain on my 10 year old road bike, way more fun.

andrewreay

I read today that the Peloton bike is made of carbon!

Can’t be bothered to look up if that is true or not, but maybe that’s part of the reason it costs £2k.

Most spin bikes I’ve come into contact with have weighed only just less than a Ford Fiesta. But then they didn’t shift an inch during a heavy workout either.

I find Peloton a fascinating concept, but am happy to let others experiment with the sustainability their business model.

Poopscoop

Peloton isn’t aimed at cyclists.

Its almost the opposite of the likes of Zwift etc.

Seeing them manually turn the resistance up on these massively expensive “bikes” always brings a smile to the face.

stumpyjon

Yeah it’s definitely a lifestyle thing for people with money to burn.

kerley
    Free Member

Peloton isn’t aimed at cyclists.

Exactly. It would be aimed at people who do spin classes wouldn’t it?
    In that case do you join a spin class and have to go to the gym to do your classes or do you just walk into the next room and off you go

If I was into indoor exercise and I needed someone to motivate me I think it would be a good solution (at a better price)

I detest indoor exercise and go out on my bike in all weathers all year round so I don’t really get Swift anymore than I get Peloton. Both are just pretending to ride a bike as a form of keeping fit. If I was to do indoor exercise I would go for a rowing machine as more all round.

w00dster

Zwift, Peloton and Spin Classes all transfer fitness wise to riding.
    I use Zwift and spin classes to keep fit. I work in London, commute by bike to the station, but by the time I get home I don’t have time to go for a ride. But Zwift is in my garage all set up.
    My preference would be outside rides, but just no chance of getting in the same workout in the time that I have.
    Spin classes in London are also great motivators for me. Appreciate lots of people wouldn’t like it, but it’s a great HIIT workout, nice surroundings and less than a two minute walk from my office.
    I did look at Peloton when I was buying my garage setup, but determined I wanted the flexibility of doing my own structured training. I’ve got a Watt Bike and Zwift.

Flaperon

I know a couple of people who have bought Peloton bikes (either for themselves or their partners). They’re the kind of people who think that Fortnum and Mason represents value for money.

This is Peloton’s core market, not the general public or even Zwifters.

Klunk
    Free Member

always worth a post

w00dster

I’m not a Fortnum and Mason type, but I can spare £100 a month for gym membership. Peloton equals this (roughly).
    I used to be a member of David Lloyd gyms, was paying £127 a month for membership, but just used Watt Bikes and no other classes or gym equipment.
    I get that £100 a month for spin classes may be a lot to some people, but lots of people paying much more for spin classes.
    As an example, in London it’s approx £21 per session at the spin class. These are also time bound, so if you get stuck in work you could miss the last session of the evening.
    If you’re limited to your training options but still enjoy upbeat HIIT sessions, I honestly don’t see what is wrong with it. £100 per month isn’t ridiculous, as long as you get the most out of the bike and don’t use it as a clothes hanger.
    Obviously if you’re lucky enough to be able to train outdoors then do that, but otherwise I don’t see why it’s seen so negatively on here.

Poopscoop

In the forums defence, peloton has a bit of an image problem with a lot of people not on this forum or any bike forum actually.

Personally, even allowing for the image, if it helps people keep fit it’s not a bad thing.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

£127 a month for the gym?!?
    The PureGym in Edinburgh city centre is £21 a month, nice gym and equipment and includes all the classes!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I love the fact that Ryan Reynolds used the the woman from the Peleton “Gift that gives back’ ad for his Aviation Gin ad. Only just seen it so I realise I am a bit out of touch.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Is Peleton a Peloton rip off fronted by a famous footballer?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

🙂 oops.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Another Peleton ad’ is closed to new replies.