Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Another NHS front line Covid death (delete if inappropriate)
  • grtdkad

Mark is a rallying friend of mine. A larger than life character who was a hospital porter at James Cook Memorial hospital. He contracted CV-19 at the end of April and has been in intensive care until Wednesday when with signs of improvement he was put on a normal ward.
    He passed away on Thursday. Aged 47, leaving his partner and two teenage boys.
    His colleagues have started a JustGiving page to support his family.

Mods delete if inappropriate. Or if it’s okay, please take a look and donate.

Mark Lowe, a porter with our James Cook radiology team, sadly passed away on 28th May after testing positive for COVID-19. Mark had worked for the trust for 20 years and was a kind and brilliant colleague who will be missed by everyone.
    The loss of Mark will be felt by everyone in the trust and especially by his colleagues in the radiology team, and those who cared for Mark while he was a patient with us.
    He was a caring, family man and well respected colleague with a brilliant sense of humour who could always be relied upon to make you smile .

We would like to raise money to help support Mark’s family at this incredibly difficult time, and as a department commemorate his life

pondo

So sorry. Words are just so inadequate. 🙁

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

My cousin in nursing in a ‘hot ward’in Middlesborough right now. I don’t know how she does it.

So sorry for your loss

grtdkad

That’s the thing WCA.
    Every day in harms way with, in my mind, compound risk of the repeated exposure.

“Lions led by donkeys” as they said in the Great War.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Another NHS front line Covid death (delete if inappropriate)’ is closed to new replies.