Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Another mental health thread…
  • cbike
    Free Member

Why so many recently?!  This never happened before “the great hack”

GF attempted suicide with pills today, she is bi polar with depression…    Recent extra interviews for Disability Allowance resulting in less cash and the recent death of her father can’t have helped.  So sudden but in retrospect maybe planned.  There is no standard manual for these things, just instinct.  Who knows.

I’ve had a greet, moaned at Theresa may on FB and feel a bit better now.  Austerity, conservatives, the Korean Government, not my favourite people right now.  NHS and Police and my employers amazing.

Thanks for listening.    Keep an eye on everyone but don’t feel guilty.  xx

Northwind

We can get better because we’re not dead yet. I’ve no answers because I’d use them on me if I did but… we’re not dead yet. Some random on the internet told you so. All the best to you both.

goldfish24

hope she gets through it and you too.

You’ll both need to think about her condition hard; in my experience it’s good to start by not thinking she is bipolar, instead she is someone who has bipolar, a condition that affects her mood.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Understandable she felt low considering what’s gone on. Is she on meds for her bipolar? Is she taking them as prescribed. Sounds like she’s dealing with a lot, and it can be easy to miss a dose here and there. Mood stabilisers and anti-depressants can have some nasty side effects or stopping symptoms if you begin to start missng doses. That combined with irregular sleep, stress, loss/bereavement all have a huge impact on mental health stability and people can decompensate rapidly.

Get an appt with whoever she sees for her MH and ask for a review. Go with her. Support her get some sort of crisis plan in place. Meds put into a weekly dosette box can be a good way to keep track of what days she takes her meds, what days she misses, and it also means there’s only a weeks worth of meds instantly available, not packets and boxes everywhere.

I don’t think this kind of stuff is happening more, but when you’re affected by someone else’s mental health, you often become more aware – like when you buy a new car and all of a sudden you notice more of them on the road. They were always there.

1 in 3 have, will have some kind of mental health issue at some point in their lives. It is everywhere. We all have mental health.

email in profile. shout out if you need a chat.

Mark

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Another mental health thread…’ is closed to new replies.