Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Another Long Shot
  • sobriety
    Free Member

Hopefully not as long as my last one…

Does anyone have a workshop manual/exploded diagram of 2003/2004 Marzocchi Z1 FreeRides & drop offs?

Or a link to one on the interwebs. Have tried various links and they're all dead 🙁

The supplied manual is as much use as a chocolate tea pot.

z1ppy

TJ linked to this site the other week, looked very good, but I'm not sure if it's just being flakey or completely down today…
    http://manualer.happymtb.org/

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

What do you need the manual for? they are pretty simple inside and it should be obvious whioch bits go where.

sobriety
    Free Member

Thanks Z1ppy if found that yesterday and it was down, will give it a few more goes though.

I need the manual as the rebound cartridge in the 03 drop offs i got second hand is completely shot, Windwave don't have any in stock, but what they do have is the rebound internals for the 04 free rides, which are supposed to be identical externally so it should just be a case of slotting in the freeride internals. I just want to have a look at an exploded diagram so i can confirm for myself before shelling out £100odd

Ta

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I reckon with drop offs you'll just have those funny little pumping rod thingies that sit in the bottom of the fork, a free ride cartridge is a proper HSCV unit that is the full length of the fork.

Ive got an 05 free ride manual i can send to you (same as 04 near enough) if you email me. Address in profile

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Infact this is a completely pointless exercise.

For £100 you could get a whole set of Z1 freerides 2nd hand.

sobriety
    Free Member

[Boring]Yup, it would appear that as they're OEM forks the shim that allows the oil through slowly to give the rebound damping is nylon rather than metal, and has disintegrated. No problem, TF sell metal ones for £3, on further inspection it turns out that the reason the cartridge appeared 'siezed' was that the previous owner had wound the damping up (post failure I suspect) enough to destroy the nylon valve assembly inside the cartridge, rendering any repair useless! AAAAAARGH!!![/Boring]

David, is the manual you have the proper workshop one, or the one that comes with the forks? As the workshop one has exploded diagrams and part numbers in it for the internals, which the supplied one doesn't (I have 3 sets of z1s from 2003 to 2005 :wink:)

sobriety
    Free Member

unfortunatley they're pretty rare now, been looking on ebay, and asked on here. And they seem to be going for more like £150 when they do turn up, damn reliable old marzocchis 🙁

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Its the proper workshop one. I think i got it from that link posted above.

I dont reckon the cartridge will fit your forks though, mine Z1 fr's have a funky top cap/rebound adjuster assembly on the left leg. Unless the drop offs do aswell

sobriety
    Free Member

Thanks, YGM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Another Long Shot’ is closed to new replies.