• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Another logging out thread.
  • bigblackshed

A few weeks ago I was forced to update my iPad to iOS9. At the same time my iMac had to update to Yosemite to complete the iPad update. (Very long story). Since the update I’m constantly being logged out of STW.

I tend to browse the overview page, open the threads I’m interested in, in new tabs, then browse each of the tabs. I’m finding that the first tab is ok, second tab hasn’t loaded, so refresh the page. It will load about 20%, then stall. It requires me to quit Safari, double click the home button and then quit Safari, reopen Safari, and bang, I’m logged out.

If I come back to my iPad after an hour or so, I’m logged out. I can understand it between devices, iPad, iPhone, iMac, and recently Nexus tablet, but the iPad is by far the worst for logging out. I’ve even had it whilst typing a reply to a thread, type the reply, “Send Post”, no I can’t I’m logged out.

Is there an issue with the forum and the latest Mac software or is it settings? If it’s setting can anyone point me in the right direction please.

bencooper
    Free Member

Tried clearing all cookies?

bigblackshed

Yes, tried that, no difference except I have to log in again!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hammyuk
    Free Member

I log in here with Chrome but have the same issues with being logged out.
    Seriously Admin – what’s the point of having a “Remember Me” tick box if it doesn’t?
    Every forum I use doesn’t log you out – EVER if you tick that box.
    One of the two I Mod on runs the same software as here and you can CHOOSE how long you want to stay logged in for.
    “Forever ” being the default when you tick the box.
    There does seem to be some very poor setting up done in the background here.
    Yes we know you run the forum FOC as an add-on to the Mag but considering how many hits it gets from Google and the like in searches personally IMHO the forum is drivin mag sales not the other way round.

Drac

I still don’t get this bug.

It’s very odd as only seems to effect a few.

Every forum I use doesn’t log you out – EVER if you tick that box.

Other forums I use log you out even if I’ve ticked the box. Weird huh?

Lifer
    Free Member

Chrome on Mac here, doesn’t log me out.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Get logged out about once every two weeks on the Mac.
    Phone/pad anywhere from every few days to every few weeks.
    Still logs you out DESPITE ticking the remember me box

It shouldn’t though Drac – what’s the point of having that option otherwise?

bearnecessities

I still don’t get this bug.

Best summary! Baffles me still, doesn’t seem to be relatable to any ‘thing’.

I’ve got over my frustration/flounces though and just accept it as a bit of a mild inconvenience 🙂

dvatcmark
    Free Member

I have the same issue on chrome/android. Started using the adblock broswer instead now to get round the constant need to log in to get rid of the ads and am wondering now why I bother paying for premium

Edit, interesting that freeload has automatically repladed a.d.b.l.o.c.k in my original post

Drac

It shouldn’t though Drac – what’s the point of having that option otherwise?

No, but the tech bods have looked at it. It seems to effect only a handful of users and it can’t be narrowed to just one OS or browser. The point of having it is that does work for most. It should only ask for a relog once per month.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Another logging out thread.’ is closed to new replies.