Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Another lack of justice for an assaulted cyclist
  • orangeboy
    Free Member

This may have been done before but first time I’ve seen it

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/road-eager-let-off-cos-of-police-rules-suffers-from-twitter-attacks/014718

Somthing seems very wrong

retro83
    Free Member

What a nasty little arsewipe.
    Should have punished that prick to picking up dog toffee from the local park for a few months at least. A fine and a letter. Wow.

Sancho
    Free Member

to me it’s just another example of a useless police force who are uninterested and not doing their jobs.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Indeed, this stinks.

eyerideit
    Free Member

What a total w@nker, hope he drops dead of a heart attack soon.

That’ll teach him.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22275280
    Oh, really? Makes you wonder how they collect their data and how it is manipulated, statistically.

acidchunks

to me it’s just another example of a useless police force who are uninterested and not doing their jobs.

😕

Because he had no police record and admitted to the offence, under the ridiculous scoring system imposed on the police he was eligible for a caution. As the victim I was given the choice of the driver receiving a caution or I could accept a local resolution, the terms of which that I would receive an amount in compensation and a written apology.

steviecapt
    Free Member

total bollox, i reported being attacked by 2 staffs a year ago it took 3.5 hrs before the police turned up, what made it worse was that only at the last minute i decided to go out with my son of 11yrs and the dog other wise my son would of been on his own taking my dog over the field, the nshit of a police officer said they had more urgent calls, when i asked him what this was he said chasing youths across cardiff, my attitude now is stuff the police i will sort things out myself, if i get arressted so be it, as for the falling crime rate what a load of shit, most peeps no longer bother reporting things because they have no faith in the police force anymore, i sincerely hope this guy gets the sack or his shop goes tits up

deluded
    Free Member

The police look at the circumstances (level of injury (physical or mental), financial loss etc, etc) and take a measured view – considering whether the suspect is a serious and repeat offender, their age, admissions made and if remorse is displayed, the victims wishes and the impact the crime has had on them, along with a raft of other factors. A Home Office ‘Gravity Matrix’ is used to assist this process. Cautions have an important role to play in proportionate criminal justice outcomes, which the police dispense correctly most of the time – it can be tricky.

Personally, I feel the use of cautions should be reviewed – to improve consistency across UK Forces and to ensure the public mood for certain crimes are properly gauged. The CPS have a role to play in this. They need to increase their appetite for prosecuting offences by demonstrating a little more courage in taking allegations (which aren’t necessarily ‘sure fire winners’) forward to court and trusting bench’s / juries to reach sensible verdicts, whilst allowing victims their day in court.

OP – Yes, we have done this – http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/road-rage-video

project
    Free Member

The police look at the circumstances (level of injury (physical or mental), financial loss etc, etc) and take a measured view – considering whether the suspect is a serious and repeat offender, their age, admissions made and if remorse is displayed, the victims wishes and the impact the crime has had on them, along with a raft of other factors. A Home Office ‘Gravity Matrix’ is used to assist this process. Cautions have an important role to play in proportionate criminal justice outcomes, which the police dispense correctly most of the time – it can be tricky.

What an absolute load of crap, no wonder people dont report crime if thats the outcome,Gravity matrix my arse.

JCL
    Free Member

The only real justice is street justice.

jambon
    Free Member

My blood is boiling!

The only real justice is street justice.

Well, I think this particular low-life got what was coming to him via the internet. I do hope his shop gets well and truly vandalised. An if it isn’t his shop, I hope his employment opportunities are scuppered.

I also hope those scoffers on here stop having a pop at cyclists using go-pros on the road. Crap like this happens all the time. Any evidence of it happening is very valuable for ALL cyclist.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Another lack of justice for an assaulted cyclist’ is closed to new replies.