Viewing 28 posts - 241 through 268 (of 268 total)
  • Another fine day for freedom of speech
  • sodafarls
    Free Member

Yes I will. I fully intend to post loads more links to Daily Mail articles in the future, and possibly even some from the Sun. So look out for my posts sodafarls.

To support your point of view or to illustrate stupidity? Or do you wish to have it both ways? 😕

grizzlygus
    Free Member

consistency is all I ask.

Well in that case, it’s your lucky day.

‘Cause I’ve promised to do it again in the future.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Why the edit sodafarls ?

sodafarls
    Free Member

Why the edit sodafarls ?

Lack of preview window, spelling and rewording.It’s not that exciting, really.

Why the lack of argument and the attempt at diversion Gus? So you are going to reference the Daily Mail, but only when it suits? Hmmm…would you say the Daily mail is a reliable news source? I suppose you would, and recent evidence would suggest that to be the case. But when it contradicts what you would wish to believe would it be fair to say that you hold the Mail and the Sun in a certain distain? So why the inconsistency?

aracer
    Free Member

It’s all my fault. I suggested GG’s views were a bit Daily Mail and it seems he’s now taken it upon himself to go and investigate said newspaper.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Give it a rest sodafarls – he was using the mail for its quotes from a series of muslim folk and myself I thought it a very good post – one of the better on this thread as it should satisfy the right winger in that it was not a guardian quote which is dismissed by right wingers, it shows a range of sources and it was funny that GG used the mail.

Mail reportage is not too bad – its the editorials that are badly slanted. Unlike many of the rightwing papers it still distiguishes a bit between the two

grizzlygus
    Free Member

So you are going to reference the Daily Mail, but only when it suits?

No, not at all.

I will also be referring to the Daily Mail when it doesn’t suit me.

sodafarls
    Free Member

Give it a rest sodafarls

Tell him to say “sorry” 🙁 first.

I’m sure you thought it a very good quote, as it supported your opinion. I await your support for other Daily Mail links in future, esp when they contradict what any sensible person may think.

You know, you’re not doing yourself any favours over the long stretch flpping and a flopping over what is a reliable source.But I suppose you know that.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Tell him to say “sorry” first.

LOL ! I have on many previous occasions posted links to Daily Mail articles – obviously something which you haven’t noticed before.

Now if it irritates and annoys you, and judging by your comments I get an incy wincy tiny bit of a hint that might have done, then I will certainly take that into consideration.

So, as I said before – look forward to plenty more links to Daily Mail articles from me !

sodafarls
    Free Member

I will also be referring to the Daily Mail when it doesn’t suit me.

I seriously doubt it Gus. Why would you do that?

sodafarls
    Free Member

Now if it irritates and annoys you,

No, not at all. It entertains me, “LOL!”.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

esp when they contradict what any sensible person may think.

This was the mail article with the series of quotes froom various prominent muslims?

You are the arbiter of “what any sensible person would think” I and many others I bet believe that GG has more sense in his little finger than you do. You are doing exactly what you accuse me of.

Please invoke hattersleys rule “when in a hole stop digging”

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I don’t know. Why would you ask me ?

sodafarls
    Free Member

various prominent muslims?

hmmm, “prominent” by what criteria? I’m sure you have the same respect for “prominent” Catholics who may have an opinion on say, abortion or birth control….

I and many others I bet believe that GG has more sense in his little finger than you do.

That’s an “ad hominem” attack that is, something I and any rightminded person would see for what it is…how about you attempt to discredit what I have written, for example a criticism of the selective aquisition of source materials as and when it tends to suit an argument, rather than attempt to discredit me, who you have next to no knowledge of? But that may be a bit more difficult.

And strange as it may seem, I couldn’t give a flying **** what you or others think of Gus. It’s not about Gus, or his well meaning goofs. You can’t really decide to use the Daily Mail to illustrate a point, esp regarding the activities of our Muslim Brethren, and then expect nobody to pick up on the ridiculousness of doing so.

sodafarls
    Free Member

I don’t know. Why would you ask me ?

You are charlie flashheart! What’s the prize?

grizzlygus
    Free Member

You are charlie flashheart! What’s the prize?

I’m afraid the prize was claimed a long time ago. Sorry.

sodafarls
    Free Member

I’m afraid the prize was claimed a long time ago. Sorry.

Well, thanks for letting me know.

aracer
    Free Member

Comfy chair, check. Nice bottle of wine, check. Anybody fancy a biccy?

Soup
    Free Member

Good to see this is still going.

Well done to all.

sodafarls
    Free Member

I reckon Gus has less sense than my little finger.

Stick that up your arse TJ! 😥

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I think the biggest thanks should go to sodafarls, Soup. Without his sterling effort, this thread might have died ages ago.

Soup
    Free Member

Just trying to think of a fitting reward for his efforts . . .

sodafarls
    Free Member

I think the biggest thanks should go to sodafarls, Soup. Without his sterling effort, this thread might have died ages ago.

Aye, he couldn’t let it lie

sodafarls
    Free Member

Just trying to think of a fitting reward for his efforts . . .

Oh, righteousness is it’s own reward.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

You can’t really decide to use the Daily Mail to illustrate a point

Why not? The article seemed relevant?

What I don’t get, is why there should be a problem with using a Daily Mail article, to help illustrate a point? Granted, it might not be the most ‘balanced’ paper around,but the article seemed quite straightforward, and presented facts, rather than opinion, so I fail to see why GG’s use of it is in any way invalid.

Maybe Sodafarls can enlighten us all, as to which newspaper/sources are to be used/not used?

sodafarls
    Free Member

Turned up a bit late to the party tonight, didn’t you?

Why not? The article seemed relevant?

Yeah, there have been a lot of “relevant” articles in the Daily Mail over the last few years regarding religious types. I’m glad you feel that it is a reliable source. I’ll refer to your support in the future, just as entertainment, every time you wail about “Daily Mail readers”.

I guess you just don’t get it. There is a difference between using an article in the daily mail to illustrate idiocy, paranoia, hatred, and general little englanderism…but when out of it all someone decides to use a piece composed of quotes from self elected “prominent muslims” to support a ropey argument, well pardon me while I piss myself laughing.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Do you ever argue with yourself, when there’s no-one else around to argue with? 😉

Night all!

sodafarls
    Free Member

Do you ever argue with yourself, when there’s no-one else around to argue with? [:wink:]

Only when i’m wrong.

Viewing 28 posts - 241 through 268 (of 268 total)

The topic ‘Another fine day for freedom of speech’ is closed to new replies.