Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Another fatality, driver arrested
  • docrobster
    Free Member

Apologies if this has been done already, but got this on my face book today:
    Cyclist killed Sheffield Sunday November 3rd

Did you witness fatal collision in Sheffield?
    A cyclist has died following a collision in Sheffield.

The incident happened in Whirlowdale Road, near to the junction with Abbey Lane, at about 8am today (Sunday 3 November) where the cyclist, a 55-year-old man from Sheffield, was in collision with a black Vauxhall Astra.

The cyclist was taken to hospital where he later died.

The driver of the car, a 26-year-old woman, has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.

Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision. Officers are also keen to trace the driver of another vehicle who briefly stopped at the scene of the collision.

Anyone with information is asked to call South Yorkshire Police on 101, quoting incident number 286 of 3 November.
    – See more at: http://www.southyorks.police.uk/road-traffic-collisions/did-you-witness-fatal-collision-sheffield#sthash.KFpzGhqi.dpuf

bencooper
    Free Member

Plus two in London. Not a good day.

scaled
    Free Member

Is the coach/bus one definitly a fatality?

Mile end collision drfinitely is.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Is the coach/bus one definitly a fatality?

Is this the one on Southampton Row/New Oxford St.

I really hope not, I was going past as she was being attended to. Someone on Twitter reported it as a fatality but on FGSS it said she was taken to hospital.

I feel a bit sick – F***

bencooper
    Free Member

Not sure – I just saw it on Twitter.

alaslas
    Free Member

http://m.thestar.co.uk/news/local/sheffield-dad-killed-on-his-bike-was-one-of-a-kind-1-6226678

Update: the driver was drunk. Really sad story. It’ll be on my mind whenever I cycle or drive that route.

Edit- sorry, realise this repeats the facts of the op. Gives further personal detail though. There was a minute’s silence at the park run on Saturday so brought back to my attention.

bland

Another young woman at the wheel too, and drunk! Again!

So sad, poor bloody kids!

daveh
    Free Member

Chap at work was collected the Sunday before in Rotherham, broken tib, fib, femur and shoulder. I guess you could say he was lucky but his lower leg is a right mess with external cage thingy. Something needs to change.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Another fatality, driver arrested’ is closed to new replies.