Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Another dropper post thread
  • Simon

My externally routed 3 year old 125mm Reverb has developed some play and my new frame has stealth routing so I’m going to treat myself to a new one.
    I must have been very lucky as my reverb is 3 years old and has been totally problem free!

So, criteria is this:-
    1.150mm drop
    2.Stealth routing
    3.Must be available from Chain Reaction as I’ve got a £50 voucher and a BC 10% code to use.

Reverb, E-thirteen, Brand x XL or something else?

robz400
    Free Member

I have a ks lev 150 on my morf and it’s been completely faultless for over a year now with a lot of use.

E13 on my Capra and it’s hopeless. Broken completely once. Was repaired and now gets stuck down if it gets any mud/rain anywhere near it.

robz400
    Free Member

Can’t recommend the ks lev enough. The morf has gone through two bottom brackets, 2 chains, a cassette and new tyres. Seat post still hasn’t been touched and is perfect

vincienup
    Free Member

I’ve got three Levs on the go, all external and two second hand. Two full Levs (125) and one DX (150).

The oldest is one of the gold stanchion models.

The only problems I’ve had with any have turned out to be cable tension and a bit of dummy spitting when I found the DX won’t let you adjust the cable box location without stripping the post and even then only gives 6 positions. Once I’d stopped being a child I found there was an orientation of the post that worked for me without moving the box on that occasion though. I’m happy enough with their performance!

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

At £150 for the Brand-X XL, that’s what I’d get. My 125mm one has been great.

Simon

The E13 appealled because it’s mechanical rather than air sprung and hydraulic operation but I’ve seen other bad reviews of it and it’s heavy, so that’s off the list!

Heard good things about the KS Lev Integra .

Looked at the Brand X mainly due to the price but I can’t find any reviews of the XL other than on CRC. Are they reliable and can you get spare parts/get them serviced easily?

chestrockwell

I’ve got a 150mm stealth Reverb and Fox Transfer. Not had the Fox long but they feel pretty similar and smooth in operation, seem of similar build quality and I’d recommend either ATM. Reverb has been fine but not had a huge amount of use.

In the past I had a external Specialized Command and Thomson Elite dropper. Both faultless but the lack of infinite adjustment scores the Command down. It was however well built and reliable. Thomson has been my favourite dropper so far. Faultless in operation and just felt like a premium product rather than white goods. If they did them in black I’d be all over it.

sirromj

Very happy with my E13 TRS+ post so far but only 3 rides. Drops down very very easily. Pops back up fast. I guess it’s not as refined as the more expensive posts but vastly superior to the RSP Plummet I bought earlier this year. Much easier to use than my 4yr old KS-Lev-R.

Don’t miss infinite adjustment at all, only really use fully up and fully down. Saying that, I do intend to actually try and see if I can find the two intermediate stops useful at all.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Another dropper post thread’ is closed to new replies.