Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 298 total)
  • Another day, another MP suspended
  • jonnyboi

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41866970

I have a feeling this is going to go on, and on

And on.

thegreatape
    Free Member

And Ariston?

tomhoward

So, err, what’s he (allegedly) done? Why is his being married relevant?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Perhaps the pig was still alive?

tjagain

And referred to the police so it must be serious and credible

Patel is also in big trouble over the Israel visit and whinges that the foreign office are briefing against her

Its like rats fighting in a sack. Makes the last days of Major look like a well order government. Odds on an election before brexit must be getting shorter

pk13

I can see north Luton needing a by election soon

Patel Could be in real trouble if they prove she broke parliament codes on that *holiday what was she thinking that it would not come out even being in the same room as some of the people she met should have caused her to think how it reflected on her role.
    Rule no1 don’t upset civil service top brass

scotroutes

Am told @CharlieElphicke was reported to whips not long after @theresa_may became PM. Woman who reported him didn’t want to involve police

From Twitter

Poopscoop

Odds on an election before brexit must be getting shorter

I really hope you are right. 🙁

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve said it before & until I’m convinced otherwise I’ll say it again,
    Politicians…dodgy, the lot of them.

fin25
    Free Member

I blame Adam Sandler.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

And some folk argue that these Fwits should have more of a role in running businesses/our lives etc

How incredible is that???

kimbers

Elphicke, Lewis, Hopkins & farron all denying it too.

Maybe theyre innocent but I’m not convinced, just feels like more lies and abuse to me

Junkyard
    Free Member

From Twitter

Twitter is no more news than me quoting someone on here

How incredible is that???

The US just made a non politician from the business community president who appointed other non politicians, How would you say that is working out or how does that fit in with your mantra? { ignorance I assume will be your method]

Why you hate politicians and think business leaders are paragons of virtue is nothing more than an act of faith based on your own biases

Power corrupts who wields it is irrelevant and the market often makes the shit float to the top not the best.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Thank **** the real wrong-ens aren’t in charge of anything eh.

tjagain

Where is JHJ – this stuff must be right up his street

I bet an awful lot more is to come out yet

pk13

Oddly isn’t his broadband dead

scotroutes

Twitter is no more news than me quoting someone on here

Even when it’s come from one of the Channel 4 news team?

jam-bo

Oddly isn’t his broadband dead

Makes you think eh

kimbers

Also in the telegraph, which to be fair is about as reliable as Twitter http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/03/tory-mp-charlie-elphicke-suspended-referred-police-following/amp/

Surely our (soon to be disgraced former) defence secretary fox fallon williamson must have been aware of this for a year, having been chief whip

Just been arguing with a twit on twitter who reckons it’s all a plot by remainers to stop Brexit

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Goodness me they really are representative of the benighted masses portrayed by the tabloids. Sexual misconduct as well as numerous other indiscretions, hmmmm whatever next from our betters.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Even when it’s come from one of the Channel 4 news team?

More credible now obvs as I assume their reporting is more accurate than yours 😉
    why did you not say Channel 4 news saying?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

He was on the list…

poly
    Free Member

With a majority that slim it must be difficult to suspend one. Did labour pull a smart “card” earlier in the week by “defining the expected punishment” for rumours under investigation?

tjagain

suspending the whip does not put the majority in danger. They can still vote as independents and will follow the party line to try to get back in favour. Only if they resign or are recalled a an MP is May in danger of losing her majority

bikebouy
    Free Member

She doesn’t have a majority, she bought some wiggle room off a group that had links to terrorism.

That’s been widely report and confirmed.

psling
    Free Member

It’s all part of a bigger long-term plan by women to take over parliament and run the country. Who ever thought to let women into the houses of parliament in the first place, eh?!? A flutter of the eyelids and man self-destructs.

wilburt
    Free Member

I’m not sure what is and isnt true in terms of individuals but overall you do get the impression this government is a bit shambolic.

roger_mellie

From the Priti Patel story:

Lord Polak told the BBC that he just happened to be on holiday at the same time as Ms Patel.

Of course he was! 🙂
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41853561

jonnyboi

Sir Roger Gale, Conservative MP for North Thanet, told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme it would be wrong to “rush to judgement” before there is proof of wrongdoing, warning against a “witch hunt”.
    He said: “We’re in danger of getting into a situation where nobody half bright, half sensible, half decent, will want to go into the House of Commons – and that will not be good for democracy.

Jesus Christ on a bike. Are these people for real?

binners

So Leadsom made up the accusation against Fallon to save her own skin, in a personal spat?

Dear god! This is what now passes for a government in this country, is it?

May now looks like a crap supply teacher trying to keep control of a particularly unruly class in an inner city comp

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I thought people wanted our politicians to be more like the so-called “real people”. Well here’s proof on both sides of the house, they are as sleazy as the rest of us. Allegedly we even have some real rapists in the house too. An even more representative cross section.

But before we get all morall righteous on here, look look at all the mildly sexist threads that go unmoderated and that admissions from certain posters to have done the same things on a recent thread !

Where’s the last stone to cast…..

sobriety
    Free Member

If it were an inner city comp, someone would’ve stabbed jezzer by now.

And at least two of the girls would be preggers.

Andy

So its 2 – 2 at the moment

Conservatives; Fallon and Elphicke

Labour; Lewis and Hopkins

Wonder if its being managed, as neither party wants to lose MPs at a faster rate.
    Still not seen an explanation from Corbyn on why he appointed Hopkins knowing this issue existed

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

We have still to do cabinet or shadow cabinet positions given in return for (allegedly) past “favours” or blatant nepotism.

jonnyboi

Still not seen an explanation from Corbyn on why he appointed Hopkins knowing this issue existed

Desperation, wasn’t he struggling to find enough loyal MPs to complete his shadow cabinet at the time?

Andy

Ah right – yes of course!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Are these people for real?

I think there is merit in this and we need to be more measured. We are at the point where a story can be made on social media and that is enough for us to be blaming the MP’s.DO you really think some folk wont use this to settle scores and you think some politicians [ victims or perps] wont be lying all of a sudden?

We need actual trials not trial by ordeal or a witch hunt and we are in danger of knee jerk reactions – well intentioned as they are they are not helpful IMHO

Its a serious issue hysteria – or downright denial – are equally unhepful

jonnyboi

Conversely I think it’s a bit hysterical to suggest that anyone half decent, or half intelligent won’t want to become an MP due to the threat of a sexual harassment claim. The fact that an MP made a public statement to this effect shows how, yet again, these people are hopelessly out of touch.i recall a similar line being trotted out during the expenses scandal

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am not saying i agree with that aspect of the statement[ you re correct it wont stop folk becoming Mp’s and the statement is hysterical] I just think we need to remember due process.

jonnyboi

Agree.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 298 total)

The topic ‘Another day, another MP suspended’ is closed to new replies.