Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Another cracking evening for a ride
  • simondbarnes

Sunshine, warmth, dry trails 🙂 Anyone else out this evening?

Healy Nab Trails by simondbarnes, on Flickr

Singletrack by simondbarnes, on Flickr

Click for more photos

hugor
    Free Member

oh nice pics.
    Work kept me back late tonight so I missed out.
    My legs are burnt from the last 2 nights rides and they could do with a rest anyway.
    Gonna thrash them again tomorrow night I think if the weather holds out. Forecast looks good :mrgreen:

_tom_
    Free Member

Just a quick road/bridleway ride on my “new” bike. Feels great and somehow managed to get a very similar average speed to that of my road bike, despite it having fat 26″ tyres, a lot heavier and 34-15 gearing.

tommytowtruck

Nice. I decided to stay at home and paint the fence instead!
    Where is the singletrack in that second picture?

simondbarnes

Just above Anglezarke reservoir

Bunnyhop

Oooh I love Healy nab when it’s dry.

No biking for me tonight, but a whole week of riding coming up, hope the trails stay dry.

tommytowtruck

Cool – don’t think i’ve ever ridden that bit before. I’ll have to try and find it next time i’m out.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Was on my way out but stopped for a quick front mech fettle and somehow hamfistedly snapped it 🙁 end of ride before I’d left the garden – I’d usually have just picked up the singlespeed but I bust the freehub last week on that -double 🙁 🙁
    So it been an evening of fettling with the rest of the bike instead (and some vino) ((and Chinese))

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Couldn’t agree more – was having a great ride, then the gear cable for my rear mech snapped! Luckily I only had about 8 miles left to get home & had done most of the hills

dave360

Simon D – wow that looks buff. And not just the trails.

anto164
    Free Member

Yep. Lovely evening. Went out on the road bike and did some hill reps.

Not hot nor cold.

dawson

was out last night, had to take kids to Brownies tonight

just trying imgur… lets see if this works

Simon

Just back from a couple of hours on Ilkley Moor. It was very nice. 8)

MrOvershoot

Yep fantastic evening of riding despite work nearly killing it at the 11th hour!

Following an early evening summer shower, we rode more cheeky than Rick Wallers toilet. plenty of NT woods & wet root slidy stuff. All finished off with a pint or two of Adnams Broadside & a Chicken Rogan Josh

bunnerscj
    Free Member

2hrs around Friston Forest – dry and fast.
    Lovely.
    😆

hugor
    Free Member

Sky looks great this morning. The trails will be completely dry by now.
    Can’t wait till this evening!!

crispo
    Free Member

Simon – was the Nab actually dry? Ive not been up for a while even though its right by my house because it was just thick gloop before!

Is that 2nd one the cheeky bit of riding that you start from down by the watermans cottage by the route from white coppice?

Youve definately pursuaded me to get out tonight!

simondbarnes

Crispo – yes & yes

lowey

Getting your mtb mojo back Simon ? Nice one matey. Love that track round the headland and the ST through the fields. Makes a great nightime run.

Out tonight.. on my new bike!! so excited! Feel like a 5 year old. Weather looks ace too.

tomaso
    Free Member

Rode out of Coniston last night and it was lovely. Great ride and the only downer was the extra protein gained from ingesting midges.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup I went out last night too. Took my rebuilt lefty for a spin on one of my fave local thrashes…

Done some photos but can’t load from here.. Picasa anyone??

nick1962
    Free Member

Still moist and muddy here in Glasgow and the peak daytime temperature has yet to reach the dizzy heights of the nightime temperatures down south.

tommytowtruck

crispo/simondbarnes – how do you get to the start of that trail?

simondbarnes

I won’t post a link here as it’s a footpath but it’s pretty obvious if you look at a map.

tommytowtruck

cool, i’ll go and get the map out.

hugor
    Free Member

Skyline and Whites at Afan today – heavenly. Had a big off though – think I got away with it. Damn GoPro makes me push too hard – I never crash when I’m not wearing it.

grantway
    Free Member

Gutted Epping Forest (Local ride) is a total bog

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Another cracking evening for a ride’ is closed to new replies.