Another celebrity encounter thread

Home Forum Chat Forum Another celebrity encounter thread

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Another celebrity encounter thread
  • Nico

I was once on a bus with a woman called Nico*. I was hitching and was offered a lift**.

* also Eno, Kevin Ayers etc.

** I declined as they were stopping in that London and I was hoping for a lift right through. Probably should have just gone along for the experience.

I had to draw on Elanor Tomlinson’s face once! I was trying not to shake and stab her in the eyeball when drawing on her eyelids!

Also met Gillian Anderson, she was tired and hungover

Gary Oldman – a little bit scary! I had to try and explain the concept of facial animation to him, all the while thinking “I’m talking to Gary Flippin Oldman!!”

John Rhys Davies – he was amazing! top stories about Richard Burton, Liz Taylor etc

Mark Hamill – Super cool, cracking Star Wars stories

Premier Icon Stainypants
    Subscriber

I often see Stephen Morris from New Order and Joy Division struggling with the self checkout in Macclesfield Sainsbury’s.   Given how good he must be at programming sequencers and drum machines he really struggles with placing the item in the bagging area.

plumber

I mention this one every time the thread comes up.

I snogged Susanna Hoffs

Last year Susanna Reid sat beside me at some show in London. She asked me a few questions about who was going to be on. I didn’t know it was her to be honest but my Mrs said it was and she tweeted about it the next morning. She smelt like a freshly picked rose 🙂

Met loads of pop/rock people but Gabriele Kerner was my favourite

johndoh

I snogged Susanna Hoffs

You lucky, luck bastard. Tell me she was a crap snogger and her breath smelled of dead rats.

Premier Icon SaxonRider
    Subscriber

I want more detail on the Susanna Hoffs snog, too!

If the teenage me can’t approach the reality, at least the broken, middle aged me can experience someone else’s!

peajay

Met Rory McCann in a local pub, got him a pint and he was between jobs at the time but said he had something in the pipeline that he couldn’t mention, looking back I guess it was his part as The Hound

My dog tried to bite Ray Winstone.

I snogged Susanna Hoffs

This requires more details.

I slept with Susan Boyle.

True story.

tjagain

Robbie Coltrane in the village shop where my parents live.  Had Man united player ( can’t remember his name) come into the unit I was working in and when he said ” I’m here to visit my mum” he seemed a bit put out that I didn’t know who that would be.  I was around when Winston Churchill junior was thrown out of the hospital I worked in for trying to set up a photo op without permission and I had a chat with a premier league manager when I tried to organise for his granny to go to one of his team games.

Nico

I slept with Susan Boyle.

True story.

Did she have her beer goggles on?

(I know it was really in first class while travelling to LAX or somewhere).

😁

Was business from LAX.  I felt it was a bit tight they she was slumming it in business with oiks like me.

She snores, but is/was rather pleasant to chat with for a while.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

(I know it was really in first class while travelling to LAX or somewhere).

I’m still playing the Wittertainment interview with Margot Robbie in hope…

Premier Icon deadslow
    Subscriber

Met Mark Cavendish at Six Days of London two weeks ago. He was there with his wife and kids. Had a quick chat to him and he was charming and really relaxed with everyone who came up and said ‘hi’ and asked for selfies.

I’m still playing the Wittertainment interview with Margot Robbie in hope…

Every flight, Mike, every flight….

One day!

Was at school with Gordon Ramsey’s wife was my tennis partner for few tournaments. Grew up in same village as Paul McCartney used to go to his house lots his daughters were friends of my sisters. They all used to come to our house lots my old man said he bought 10cc with him to house once. Taught  Branson’s daughter to windsurf & Stings daughter.

Premier Icon dirkpitt74
    Subscriber

Hung out with Whitfield Crane and Klaus Eichstad from Ugly Kid Joe at an Alice Cooper concert.

They came and stood next to me & a mate during Alice’s set – really chatty until someone else realised who they were and started trying to take selfies and get autographs.

Also hung out with Rob Halford from Judas Priest – my mate was a mobile DJ and I helped him do a party for Rob’s brothers Birthday. Really quiet guy.

finephilly

Met lots of DJ’s/ dance music types cos I used to work for a promoter. James zabeila, phil hartnoll from orbital, sister bliss from faithless, Fabio n grooverider, plus lots of niche types who aren’t really famous oh and bez from happy Mondays who was twatted. Also Ronnie barker who was cool and my uncle used to be the archbishop in Australia.

My mate got a cuddle and some mental health advice from Susan Boyle when he was losing the plot in the cafe at Tesco in Bathgate.

He got sectioned the day after. Not sure if Subo helped or tipped him over the edge

Klunk

I’ve been accosted by James Cameroon and  shouted at by  Steve Martin on the same day.

Premier Icon funkrodent
    Subscriber

Spent a night drinking with Branson. Was starting a grad job in London and a load of us where put up in a posh hotel in London for a few nights. Branson was in bar with cronies and wondered who we were. When explained about grad recruitment he invited us over, wanted to understand if Virgin should be doing it. He stood drinks all night and got more and more raucous. Ended with him explaining he was a hypnotist, pulling up one of the girls by her wrists, telling us all to stand in a circle and going “wooooooo” whilst rolling his eyes. We all thought wtf, then says what’s the time. We look at our watches expecting minutes to have passed in seconds. Not the case BUT girl he’d originally pulled up screams because her watch has gone. At which point he shows it on his wrist. We were dumbfounded, initially genuinely believed we’d been hypnotized.

He left shortly after and his behaviour with same girl makes me wonder how he’s never been #metoo-ed as he tried to grab her by the p###y and then get her to join him in his limo.

After he’d gone and we’d worked out the trick, one of his yesmen said he’d used the same trick when buying a fleet of planes off Boeing for Virgin Atlantic. Negotiations locked with a £5m gap between what each side is prepared to go to. So Branson is one on one with Boeing CEO and says I’ll bet you the £5m I can hypnotize you..

Great fun to spend time with, but questionable attitude to sexual ethics..

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.