Another celebrity encounter thread

Home Forum Chat Forum Another celebrity encounter thread

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)
  • Another celebrity encounter thread
  • Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

My Missus was introduced to Caroline Catz today who was at my wife’s place of work doing some stuff about a thing. Apparently Ms Catz was very nice and chatty.

Which reminds my of a tale told by my Uncle Brian who was a school friend of Albert Finney. Recently Brian bumped into Albert, and being the outgoing retired headmaster type that he is, extended a hand and said “Hello Albert, Brian <surname>, we were at school together”, to which Albert replied “**** Off”.

Rockape63

Who TF is Caroline Catz?

Premier Icon zippykona
    Subscriber

I used to deliver Tina  “I love to love ” Charles’ newspaper.

Also ,Gail from Corrie comes in my shop.

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

I suggest that Google will give you the answer.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Have you heard of Google. Rockape? She is on there….

Subscriber

Gail from Corrie comes in my shop.

Nasty. Does the freezer vibrate?

Premier Icon tthew
    Subscriber

Actress who was on DCI Wanks and Doc Martin.

When my van broke down was rescued by Ryan Shawcross’s dad. (Stoke City captain and Eng-er-lund defender)

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Anyway Paul Collingwood in business class Heathrow to Newcastle when we had both just come back from oz

Chatted cricket and which bits of the north east we like to see when flying home.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

DCI Wanks 🤔

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

We get a gale from the corries frequently.

Saw Brian Cox in the Waldorf Astoria in Edinburgh yesterday morning.

The actor, not the professor.

A bit star struck and obviously wanted a chat and maybe an autograph … but he had to make do with a smile.

I was in a meeting.

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

My wife is a licensed chaperone (needed for junior theatre, what with kids doing costume changes and the like).  She was supervising a rehearsal at a London venue/studio space in the summer when the theatre manager came to her and asked if she would allow someone to come in and have a quick look around to see if the space was suitable for a project he was working on. Fine she said. Manager goes out, comes back in with Ronnie Wood in tow. Apparently he was nice and watched the rehearsal for a bit (Goodnight Mr Tom, fwiw. I assume it took him back to his childhood 😉 )

Premier Icon bikebouy
    Subscriber

I had a piss standing next to David Coverdale in a pub near Earls Court about 20 years ago.

I bought Lemmy a pint in a pub in Bow.

I bought Carl Cox a pint in a pub just down the road from the pub I bought Lemmy one, in Bow.

I’ve eaten a curry many times with Paul Whitehouse.

I stood up at a conference when I used to work for HBOS and called Andy Hornby a money grabbing arsehole, James Crosby told me to sit down and asked me to leave.. I didn’t.

doomanic

Caroline Catz

Ding dong!

Premier Icon SaxonRider
    Subscriber

I have been a guest of Lord ________ at a meeting of a Lords’ committee.

I found myself sat beside Lord ________ at a dinner at the College of which he was Master in Oxford.

I know the retired Archbishop of Canterbury quite well.

I actually know quite a few scholar/writer types who are well-known and celebrated in their own field, but (as I often forget) don’t have names that carry much further. It’s a strange phenomenon, that…

Premier Icon jimdubleyou
    Subscriber

Michael Gorbachev was on the same flight as me from Moscow to London. He was in business, his goons at the front of economy…

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

If we are talking same plane…… Fernando Torres on the easyjet back from Barca to Liverpool a good few years back, I think the staff asked him if he would do some autographs for a couple of kids which he did.

Most of the Tassie Parliamentarians  on a Thursday night flight home at some point

Been at quite a few gigs with the millionare eccentric ex gambler art enthusiast David Walsh https://mona.net.au/museum/david-walsh Though most of hobart has that claim

Had a few beers with Brian Richie of the Violent Femmes https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violent_Femmes at gigs around Hobart and when he played a few sets at out local bike race

Evening out with Richie Porte

Watched World Champs with Gee, Adam and Bernard Kerr

Merak

He seems like a nice bloke. That recent BBC series both he and Bob Mortimer were in, whom I had never previously cared for, was utterly charming and quite funny too.

Merak

Didn’t someone mention seeing the queen on a ride they were on?

I bought a second alternator for a ford transit from Pat Roach, not long after Indiana Jones had killed him for the third time

I spent some time in prison with one of Dexy’s Midnight Runners.

i got mistaken for someone else by Idris Elba

vickypea

I bumped into Phil Campbell (of the Temperance Movement) in an empty corridor at a small venue where he was performing later that night. We had a chat, he’s a lovely bloke 😍

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

Sir Dave Brailsford is a member of our cycling club…the worst picture ever taken of me in 49 years was him presenting me with something at last years awards night.

I must be the only member of the club who hasn’t won a signed Sky shirt in a raffle…..

Got in a lift at an airport with Jean Luc Picard. Wanted to say “make it so” when he asked me what floor….

Got in a lift at an airport with Jean Luc Picard. Wanted to say “make it so” when he asked me what floor….

Shoulda said either “Bridge” or “Deck 10”

hypnonewt

I used to work for a company called Moviepilot in Berlin so got to attend the annual film festival Berlinale.

Met a lot of Hollywood people

Ethan Hawke is quite ugly in real life.

Matt Damon was really nice

Grace Jones comes across as a nutter.

And my claim to fame is that I am one of the probably 100s of voices chanting in the stadium when Bane steps onto the football pitch in the dark night rises. I had to do the chant over the phone and I felt weird doing it so they better have used it.

Premier Icon dirkpitt74
    Subscriber

I took a leak next to Superman (Brandon Routh)…..

The Mrs got given a pint of Guinness by Jason Mamoa – thoroughly nice bloke.

mrmoofo

I flew to Japan a few months ago … sitting in front of me was one John Lydon and the whole of PIL … and Lydons missus.

He’s not the little Irish rat boy anymore …. I would guess 20 stone …

And his wife is a tad batty …. but he was very sweet in dealing with her.

Premier Icon Caher
    Subscriber

Sat next to Teresa May having a coffee a few years ago in the Eurostar lounge. But more importantly I’ve also seen Gail at Heathrow airport.

Premier Icon roger_mellie
    Subscriber

I stood next to Richard E Grant at the self serve checkouts in WHSmith, Gatwick airport. I didn’t know until my wife told me afterwards. Rock n Roll!

Premier Icon richmars
    Subscriber

One summer I worked on a farm with Mr Paul Tucker, one half of The Lighthouse Family, who, I’ve been told, were a popular beat combo.

Premier Icon zippykona
    Subscriber

Got in a lift at an airport with Jean Luc Picard. Wanted to say “make it so” when he asked me what floor…

If  one our ladies in the shop says say that they are popping to the loo I say…..

Number 1 , make it so.

As yet no one has laughed.

I met Cinnamon Girl in a rural lay by.

What do I win?

Premier Icon eddiebaby
    Subscriber

Shook hands with Gorbachev and Brezhnev. Took a lead Watergate to lunch. Met way too many rock folk via my wife and working in a high end music shop in that there London. Holly Johnson was great.

Windsurfing and kitesurfing  greats? Yup, that was my job. Still get cards at chrimbo from them.

Top one that impressed people I was with was when Tony Hawk came over and said Hi and chatted. He knew slightly I was as we’d been at a trAde show in Germany. He knew the face, didnt know who the frick who I was yet still was the absolute pro and did his job.

Premier Icon bikebouy
    Subscriber

He seems like a nice bloke. That recent BBC series both he and Bob Mortimer were in, whom I had never previously cared for, was utterly charming and quite funny too.

He is a really honest decent East LunDunner, Charlie Higson is the main piss taker and comedian when they’re together though.

We helped lift an upright piano through thier flat window on a 3 story maisonette they once lived in, in Bow.

A lot happens in Bow 🤣

Premier Icon NZCol
    Subscriber

My next door neighbour Craig is 1/2 of The Proclaimers…..

Premier Icon tuboflard
    Subscriber

Had Brian May round to our house one Christmas when I was about 14. Didn’t know what to say so think I made him a cuppa.

CountZero

I suggest that Google will give you the answer.

The fact that it’s suggested that Google be used to find out who some z-list ‘celebrity’ is tells me all I need to know. I have no idea who she is, and having to use a Google search to find out tells me that it would be a waste of time.

Subscriber

Thanks for your input.

Mrs Anagallis’s granny was in Great Expectations with Obi WanKenobi and This Happy Breed with John Mills.

Premier Icon leffeboy
    Subscriber

Number 1 , make it so.

As yet no one has laughed.

I just did – I don’t know if I should be ashamed or not

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.