Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • another car thread – RS4 Avant
  • MrTall
    Free Member

I’ve always wanted to take the plunge with one of these as they’re a lot of car for the money. It’s always the fuel consumption and running costs that put me off. I’ve also been looking at the M5 touring which can be had for around £20k now. I have the ability to buy one and wish I could lose my sensible head and just have a really fun car for a year or two but I always end up just keeping my 7 year old Mondeo instead and money in the bank for the mortgage. I’m so boring…. 🙁

I’ve also heard many stories of the fast estates being nicked as they make great criminal getaway cars, one of my clients had their R32 pinched which was recovered after being used in a raid up north.

mindmap3
    Free Member

If you like them and can afford it, do it. They’ll never make a car like this again and that engine is a gem…the noise is sublime. So much better than BM V8’s. I know when I was looking at an S4 vs an E46 M3 the Audi seemed to be more reliable with much fewer known faults.

My step uncle had one that he let me drive…loved it. Grey, bucket seats (must have option), carbon interior trim, nav etc. It did drink fuel though at a fairly alarming rate, but our 330 auto is only doing 25mpg at the mo. He’s now got an RS6 which I drove at the weekend….hmmmm. Very fast but I preferred the RS4.

My other half’s uncle had one to complement is two 993 C4’s which was borrowed from his drive and recovered.

timc
    Free Member

MrTall – Member
    I’ve always wanted to take the plunge with one of these as they’re a lot of car for the money. It’s always the fuel consumption and running costs that put me off. I’ve also been looking at the M5 touring which can be had for around £20k now. I have the ability to buy one and wish I could lose my sensible head and just have a really fun car for a year or two but I always end up just keeping my 7 year old Mondeo instead and money in the bank for the mortgage. I’m so boring….

Get a more sensible happy median, S4 Saloon/Avant, 335i/d Saloon/touring, 535d Saloon / Touring etc!

10pmix
    Free Member

Was about to hit the button on one when some kind souls broke into my house to nick my S3 off the drive (was recovered 2 months later re-sprayed, plated and badged. Then a mate with an RS4 got car jacked and beaten before they made off with it.

Hassle if you ask me 😯

boblo
    Free Member

@10p. Bloody hell, do you live in SA? 😯

10pmix
    Free Member

No, Surrey 🙂

My S3 was nicked in Surbiton. Mate’s Car Jacking was in Old Windsor. As he parked they walked up asking directions then just opened the door and laid into him. I think he would have got less of a beating had he not resolutely held onto the keys. They found the car a few weeks later on false plates with shotgun cartridges under the seat.

timc
    Free Member

Surrey for ya

vintagewino
    Free Member

great thread, thanks. Maybe I’ll stick with the Volvo!

heihei

Alpina B3? A lot more stealth…..

vintagewino
    Free Member

I do love a stealth motor

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘another car thread – RS4 Avant’ is closed to new replies.