Another bloody wheelsize!

Home Forum Bike Forum Another bloody wheelsize!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Another bloody wheelsize!
  • Premier Icon fadda
    Subscriber

This is 1st April, right…?

orangeboy

Lol. I’m a step ahead as I already have a 559 wheeled enduro sat here
    And it makes the trails very very much alive

1981miked

FFS indeed..

I shall do what I have done for the last 20+ years and ride a 26″ wheeled bike.. If it ain’t broke and all that!

Bike companies taking the piss…again!

Premier Icon mcnultycop
    Subscriber

You are aware of the date? And the time?

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

FFS indeed..

I shall do what I have done for the last 20+ years and ride a 26″ wheeled bike.. If it ain’t broke and all that!

Bike companies taking the piss…again!

This new exciting wheelsize may well be compatible with your existing frame though – seems a shame to miss out on the latest tech.

Perhaps just swap out the wheels? 🙂

1981miked

Well this is true… I’m bang on trend me!

Don’t even currently own a mountain bike, got cash burning a hole in my pocket though… What bike thread to follow.

I could just ride my BMX off road, Shirley the trails will come alive on that.

plus one

Yay 26″ wheels are cool again 😉

ryderredman

Hahahahaha the bar chart with the axis missing is what did it for me! 😀

rj

I particularly liked

If you build three wheels that are 559, 650b, and 29″ with exactly the same hubs, spokes, and rims, the 559 EnduRAD wheel will be lighter every time.

asterix

650c rules

Premier Icon tom200
    Subscriber
    orangeboy

Those tri spokes are loverly and still very competitive but surly they are 571 and not this new 559 trial awakening size

mtbmatt

559 = 26″ by the way (yes, I know its April 1st!).

559 – 26
    584 – 650b/27.5
    622 – 29

I_Ache

Im into this new 559 wheelsize upto my arse already. Hopefully everything will settle down and pan out with 559 as the only wheelsize.

plus one – Member
    Yay 26″ wheels are cool again

What are you on about? 26″ died last year. Its all about 559 now!

Premier Icon coolhandluke
    Subscriber

Cool, my 26″ wheeled bike might be worth a grand more now it’s cool an hip once again….

Apparently everyone in Shoreditch is getting in to the latest retro trend. The hottest rides nowadays are 29ers.

I_Ache

Here we go again. Not long after the start of the whole 650b-ollocks kicked off the industry are pushing yet another wheelsize onto us.

FFS!

shermer75

Are Felt making a thing of sticking with 26″ then? Not sure if the gag works as well if they aren’t…

julianwilson

I liked the comedy pro rider testimonials: really not unlike the (presumably genuine) ones on the regurgitated press releases articles about the new Rockshox Boxxer and DebonAir shock n the main page. They actually had me wondering if they were for giggles too!

Premier Icon rickon
    Subscriber

“Can you feel it yet? It feels like Enduro.”

Best line. Ever.

I’m getting that on a jersey.

mudmonster

Well I’m sold, my next bike will be EnduRad.

Premier Icon roverpig
    Subscriber

While there are some pretty funny lines in there I can’t help feeling that this is one of those jokes that could easily turn into reality.

In the past few years the only thing that I can think of that might count as a genuine improvement in mountain biking is the development of reliable dropper posts. Pretty much every other “advance” I can think of is really just making a change (which brings advantages and disadvantages) then banging on endlessly about the advantages while conveniently ignoring the disadvantages, which is pretty much the basis of this spoof. It did make me laugh though

“Like a father passes on his saddle-worn wisdom to the children he brought into this world, 559 will allow you to transfer the power in your systematically-trained legs to the undulating trail under your smaller, Enduro Specific tires.” Priceless 🙂

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

I’m definitely a trendsetter. Swapped from 622 to 559 in 1996. Even managed to foresee the enduro discipline back then.

I_Ache

I prefer

“Can you smell the weight savings? It smells like Enduro”

Premier Icon kelvin
    Subscriber

Top marks Felt!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Another bloody wheelsize!’ is closed to new replies.