• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Another "Any other frames like this?" thread
  • ferrals
    Free Member

I currently have a whyte 901 650b, great bike but I am really focused on xc and have deluded thoughts about my ability as a racer. Given that I managed to ride for a significant portion of sundays ride with my forks locked out (from forgetfulness), plus I’m really slow downill anyway I don’t think I’m making the most of the ‘trail’ geo. At the same time, I find the slack HA and long wheelbase a bit ponderous in the twisty stuff and the front end wanders on very steep stuff.

So I have a real hankering for an xc-ish frame with 100mm forks. Goal is to be lighter than the whyte 901 + Sekktors, with a lower stack and a bit more nimble uphill. I don’t want a super steep HA, thinking 69 deg would be ideal.

Based on no real evidence I think my dream frame would be a pivot LES 27.5 (but I can’t afford that) or a scott scale (alloy version is feasible I could save up for but not 100% on the scott scale routing). Only problem is they are both pressfit.

I’d like to transfer as much as possible if I do do a switch so the requirements are:
    27.5in wheel size
    designed for 100mm
    reasonably priced (sub £500)
    lighter than whyte 901 (not sure of weight but I think I read somewhere 2kg)
    69deg HA,
    16 or 17inch frame
    30.9 seat post size (not a deal breaker)
    threaded BB (again not a deal breaker).

Can’t find much other frames with that spec. Anything I’ve missed? thought I’d found a perfect copy on a chinese dircet buy but the the HA on the website was 69 but when I looked at the geo spec sheet it was 71 🙁

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Another "Any other frames like this?" thread’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts