Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Anonymous backchannel
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Has anyone else noticed you can put any old cobblers in the tags for a topic as a kind of running aside ? See the “why do I get ill so much?” thread for examples…

DezB
    Free Member

Oh yeah. Even on someone else’s thread.

miketually
    Free Member

Shhhhhh 🙂

You can see the popular tages here: http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/tags/

You feature in one 🙂

Dave
    Free Member

play nice now :o)

aleigh
    Free Member

i’ve noticed someone’s put their forum name in as a tag 😯

DezB
    Free Member

Someone (dave!) removed my tag – I just wondered what an “anonymous backchannel” was!

druidh
    Free Member

aleigh – Member

i’ve noticed someone’s put their forum name in as a tag

Chris King is on the forum?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Someone (dave!) removed my tag

Really? I thought you could only delete tags you had added. How did they do it ? Perhaps Dave is an admin ?

I just wondered what an “anonymous backchannel” was!

that would be creative use of language – did you want it to be easy ?

scaredypants

“Perhaps Dave is an admin ?”

who, “dave – moderator” ?

DezB
    Free Member

My tag was “Glory” “hole”. I now notice “felch” has been un-moderated. Sulking as mine was funnier and more subtle.

aleigh
    Free Member

sorry – who’s chris king?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

who, “dave – moderator” ?

I missed that 🙂

Who’s going to be banned first for inappropriate tagging ??

aracer
    Free Member

I was somewhat surprised that there appears to be no way of determining who is adding tags, or indeed who the serial taggers are. I shall make no comment beyond that…

aleigh
    Free Member

you’ll be banned for even suggesting such a terrible thing!

Dave
    Free Member

I was somewhat surprised that there appears to be no way of determining who is adding tags, or indeed who the serial taggers are. I shall make no comment beyond that…

You can’t see that? :o)

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’m a serial tagger, I tag ones I’ve not even replied to. Not sure why, but I enjoy it in a small way.

aracer
    Free Member

What are your favourite tags, coffeeking?

miketually
    Free Member

I like adding tags too. I’m not sure how useful the ones I add are, to be honest 🙂

Since you can only delete the tags that you add, it’s obviously recorded.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

sorry – who’s chris king?

He makes shiny yet overpriced bike bits, Aleigh. Things like hubs, headsets and bottom brackets. The owners of this expensive stuff like to think it’s the best, and that they are somehow special, and superior, for owning such stuff. They also think that placing Chris King components on their bikes makes them look more intelligent. When they are told that other stuff is just as good, and much better value for money, they go all funny.

(Runs very fast, and hides..)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I suspect aleigh knew exactly who he was already :o)

aracer
    Free Member

Oh I didn’t mean that the mods couldn’t see, just us ordinary plebs. Not worried about a banning or even a mild ticking off for the ones I’ve been adding, given they have almost all been relevant, just that I’m running a campaign to raise the profile of one particular tag (I think I’m so far the only person to use it!)

scaredypants

I put a tag on one of mine today – hoped it might increase response :shame:

seems you need several threads before any tag actually turns up on that display 🙁

druidh
    Free Member

4 occurrences

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

The coolest bit is, when you add a tag, it’s highlit in yellow, which gradually fades…

scaredypants

I notice that what’s become the fredthread on road bikes has “opinionated claptrap” as a tag

Any chance that could be made a default for all threads ?

aleigh
    Free Member

no seriously – i haven’t a clue who chris king is! you’re talking to a biking bird that knows nowt about bikes! i just ride it 😆

julianwilson
    Free Member

i tagged the ‘sickness’ thread with some barely witty (yet in no way sweary or rude) spanish and it has disappeared.

Bah.

zokes
    Free Member

Aleigh: i just ride it

A brave admission in this quagmire of double entendres

aleigh
    Free Member

don’t you ride yours then?

Mark

We will be moderating the tags to keep them useful. They are designed to help people find stuff relevent to their intersts and the like so useless tags like, ‘buscuits’ and others that are attempted messages to other users will be deleted entirely at our discretion. Of course anything rude gets deleted. Essentially we will decide if a tag is useful or not. For example ‘sfb argues’ is a very useful tag as it means I can personally avoid reading that post entirely. That’s great for both Simon and myself as I get on with my day with a smile on my face and he doesn’t get banned for being an argumentative arse 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and he doesn’t get banned for being an argumentative arse

ooooh, hurtful 🙁

Mark

Like I’ve ever hurt your feelings!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

OK, at least we can compete to see who can get the funniest non-bannable tag :o)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Like I’ve ever hurt your feelings!

I could be more of a sensitive soul than you realise…

JulianA
    Free Member

‘and he doesn’t get banned for being an argumentative arse’

Harsh but fair: discuss…

By the way, can we not preview our posts any more?

Mark

‘Preview’ is on the list of things to look at

Mark

Oh and the egotistical can stop adding their own username as a tag. They just get deleted 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

… and Latin appears unacceptable 🙁

djglover
    Free Member

why is HOPE always the biggest ‘tag’

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

why is HOPE always the biggest ‘tag’

I’m guessing the size is proportional to the usage

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Anonymous backchannel’ is closed to new replies.