Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anodising/DT 240 question… Re steel parts
  • Northwind

Right, considering getting my DT240s anodised (by steve the anodiser) as they’re the wrong colour and it offends my tarty sensibilities. Only question is, steel bits. Obviously the DT has the steel ratchet ring which threads in, from memory it’s threading into the alu hub shell, is that right? So once it’s out, and the bearings too, there’s nothing left but alu?

sillyoldman

Yup.

Post pics once done?

passtherizla
    Free Member

Ooooh that is tarty! Good work.

Northwind

Not that tarty, they’re going to be black 😆 But his prices are so good, it works out cheaper than trying to swap for a set of black hubs.

RickDraper
    Free Member

You need to get him to tape up the bearing surfaces before stripping the cut tent anodising.

njee20
    Free Member

What colour are they currently then? They’ve not done anything but black for years!

I idly wondered about getting my AM Classic hubs done in green, as his stuff looks excellent!

Northwind

Currently white- out of a set of EX1750 wheels. I’m not really into the stealth thing but I’ve accidentally ended up with an ano black frame, and putting grey carbon wheels on it, and Murdered Out Forks so it’d be a shame not to really

njee20
    Free Member

A murdered out colorway eh? Sick brah.

Northwind

I used to have 2 bright yellow bikes, replaced those with a grey bike and a white bike. Now my white bike is going black, and not even shiny black. It’s all getting a bit bleak, being in my garage is a bit like suffering extreme blood loss. I’ll need to respray my orange fabulous neon pink, or something.

shaggy

I’m curious to see how this turns out, the anodizing one of my sets of 240s has begun to flake so I was pondering doing something similar.

amedias
    Free Member

the anodizing one of my sets of 240s has begun to flake

same here, bit disappointing really, I’ve not had any other hubs end up looking so tatty so quickly!

njee20
    Free Member

That is bad, never seen a set do that!

sillyoldman

Got some like that too.

But then my garage leaked like a sieve for 6 months….

Baznav
    Free Member

if its flakeing they are not anodized there painted.

sillyoldman

Indeed – seems odd for a lightweight hub to be painted rather than anodised eh?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anodising/DT 240 question… Re steel parts’ is closed to new replies.