Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Annual MTB in , Mallorca/Majorca thread
  • rossburton
    Free Member

We hope to be staying in Pollença over the summer and I kind of fancy hiring some MTBs and going for a ride with the kids. I’m thinking a blue grade short loop somewhere, nothing too exciting.

Can anyone recommend places to hire and good guides?

maxtorque

I’ve got a good friend has a house in Pollença and i’ve visited a few times to do some cycling, however, so far it’s been road with a bit of gravel stuff. There are quite a lot of (mostly hard, sharp and rocky) trails up in the mountains, but they are poorly marked and it’s difficult to find the legal status of most of them.

I’ll ask him the best option for finding off road trails in the area!

tthew

I asked the same a few months back. Some suggestions here, but when I looked at a couple of the suggestions they seemed bloody expensive to me.

Mallorca MTB guided rides.

bobley
    Free Member

I’m Max’s mate. He’s right, it’s a but tricky around there. I tend to keep a gravel bike over there but I’ll be taking a hardtail in a couple of weeks. From Pollença you either potter about locally or smash it up the GR221 from town to Lluc monastery, call in for a brew at Col de Sabatalia cafe and smash it down the hard way to Caimari. Certainly wouldn’t do that with the family.

Realistically, I’d potter round the back of town up Cami de Can Bosc, loop around the valley on the back lanes, head up the main road briefly to the golf club and then through the dusty roads out back towards the transmitter towers at Puig de Sant Marti near Alcudia. There’s a trail all around the hill and a lane up to the top for a real lungbuster and a cracking view.

Also, bit boring but there’s a bit of action out on the peninsula past Alcudia if you give past Golf Alcanda and onto Pltja Coll Baix. I certainly wouldn’t pay anyone to guide me there though!!!

tthew

I certainly wouldn’t pay anyone to guide…

So you’ll do it for free? Good man. I arrive at the back end of April, can you suggest a place to hire a mountain bike? 😎

bobley
    Free Member

Absolutely. I’ll be there and I’ll have a spare large MTB if you want to come for a pedal. As long as you can navigate you won’t come to any harm. This isn’t the Alps. All you can do is follow the trails marked on Komoot and they all end at Tolos…

13thfloormonk

Sorry, minor hijack, just wondering if any local experts knew of a bike shuttle service that could get me from Port de Pollenca back to Peguera?

It’s the opposite direction from what most shuttles run in so the Mallorca Cycle Shuttle can’t help…

Ta

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I’ve ridden around Soyer quite a few times and hired bikes from Andy at Tramuntana Tours

There’s enough riding from the town for 3 or 4 days, you’d probably repeat a few sections, but that’s not necessarily bad.

If you can get yourself over the col to Bunyola then there’s loads more you can do there.

Access was a bit of an issue at times, but Andy recommended some routes that avoided those issues. Last time I went, there was talk of banning bikes from the GR footpaths, hopefully that hasnt happened as they provide some good and sometimes techy riding.

julians
    Free Member

I’ve ridden around Soyer

Soller

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Annual MTB in , Mallorca/Majorca thread’ is closed to new replies.