Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • "Annual Leave"
  • molgrips
    Free Member

What business is it of anyone else whether it’s annual or not? Moreover, who cares?

Who cares if you DO say annual?

And should they?

scotroutes

You know what’s even shorter? “Leave.” What business is it of anyone else whether it’s annual or not? Moreover, who cares?
    “I’m on leave, I’ll be back on [date]” is all you need, anything else is just your fingers bouncing up and down on those little letters.
    [/quote]Ah – but there are other types of leave, e.g. sick leave, maternity leave, bereavement leave, parental leave.

kudos
    Free Member

“I’m on leave, I’ll be back on [date]”

I prefer “I’m on holiday, I’ll be back when I need to replenish my bank accounts or my liver can’t take it any more…”

Makes me sound far more fun than some drone going on “Annual Leave” 😉

ourmaninthenorth

My upcoming* time away from work and my home will henecforth be described in the polite message I leave for all who enquire after my in my absence as “I’ve gone out. I may be some time.”

*doesn’t it

jota180
    Free Member

I’m officially on ‘gardening leave’
    I did put so much on my out of office before they killed my access and then the humourless albinos in the IT dep’t changed it to simply unavailable.

pondo

I’m on annual leave as we speak, as my Out Of Office notifier proclaims. 😳 What gets my goat is that I have to log it on our stupid electronic timesheet system as “Vacation”. 👿

fr0sty125
    Free Member

kudos – Member
    I seem to be hearing about more and more people going on “Annual Leave”, is this in someway different from “going on holiday”?

I feel like I’m missing out cos I just have holidays, is “Annual Leave” better? Does one have to be much more important to get “Annual Leave”?

Sorry for the pointless post, it was just something I was contemplating whilst having my Daily Period of Rest, Relaxation, Recuperation & Rehydration (coffee break).

I always call it annual leave because it is called annual leave….

Cougar

Ah – but there are other types of leave, e.g. sick leave, maternity leave, bereavement leave, parental leave.

Sure. So? What business is it of everyone who emails me to know what I’m up to and why?

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m having a duvet day, anyone care to join me 😉

johndoh
    Free Member

I say annual leave because I haven’t had a holiday in five years but I get asked where I am going if I tell someone that I am holiday next week.

Cougar

Go on holiday. Everyone’s a winner.

MrOvershoot

Actually I don’t even put “holiday” on my out of office I tend to put “Away from work” I know its longer but I know it yanks the HR Dept’s chain as its not fully compliant with their corporate world.

Though a work colleague did get into trouble for putting,

“If you want me I’m not here for the next 2 weeks, I shall be tazzing round the twistys of the Picos mountains on my motorbike & supping a few ales in the evening. So tough luck 😉 “

scaredypants

Hollybobs, innit

8)

CountZero

I get X number of days of annual leave. I get to take them off singly or in various numbers, but what I do with those days leave is entirely up to me.
    I had a week of my ‘annual leave’ last week. One day I stayed at home, fannying around, one I used to go get my hair cut*, the rest I went to various places.
    Simple, n’est pas?
    *Woman who cuts it is in Bath, doesn’t do Saturdays any more.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘"Annual Leave"’ is closed to new replies.